• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

books about prayer

ayani

it seems like inter-faith or non-religion-specific books on this subject are getting easier to find. :D

does anyone care to share some favorite books about prayer or praying?

chuck010342

gracie said:
it seems like inter-faith or non-religion-specific books on this subject are getting easier to find. :D

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, you know :)

ayani

a good answer!

i'm reading "prayer is good medicine" at the moment. simple, but a good read.

ayani

how do either of your feel about later Christian commentaries on prayer?

say, by Teresa of Avilla or Thomas Merton? are they significant as well?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Most of the commentaries I've read about Christianity or prayer (which does not include those you referenced) are just that... telling us in some person's words how or why to be religious. Personally, I would rather go to the most authoritative source (IMO) ~ The Word of God.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
gracie said:

You could try this site:- http://www.worldprayers.org/ ; personally, I'm used to the 'King James prayer book.':)

chuck010342

gracie said:
how do either of your feel about later Christian commentaries on prayer?

say, by Teresa of Avilla or Thomas Merton? are they significant as well?

great christian men and women have written many good works but it is not the word of God. Some have even made things worse (catholics praying to the saints and so forth) I suggest we pray the way the master told us to.