• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bored of Boredom

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Terry Pratchets take on boredom.

3e02a86fb565c126e652e8e4a8fbedae (1).jpg

7q045xvhbga31.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
When I'm bored I find that whats really going on with me is that theres something in my brain blocking the other parts of my brain that usually enjoy and/or take interest in what I'm doing.

With me it's usually repressed anger.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm bored with excitement...
Ants must have the most boring job on earth, and yet they always seem so enthusiastic about it.
I think much of my religious understanding comes from ants.
When I'm bored I find that whats really going on with me is that theres something in my brain blocking the other parts of my brain that usually enjoy and/or take interest in what I'm doing.

With me it's usually repressed anger.
I think I'm tired of the hamster wheel...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
A lot of the time when I think something's going to be boring it turns out to be the exact opposite, just like when I think something's going to be interesting, etc.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
A lot of the time when I think something's going to be boring it turns out to be the exact opposite, just like when I think something's going to be interesting, etc.
Think everything will be boring, so you can have fun all the time!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
For a while I ran out of things to watch on prime video, and everything I tried that looked really good turned out to be a dud.

So as a semi last resort I started watching documentaries expecting to be bored. A lot of them just sucked me right in.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
For a while I ran out of things to watch on prime video, and everything I tried that looked really good turned out to be a dud.

So as a semi last resort I started watching documentaries expecting to be bored. A lot of them just sucked me right in.
I think it turned a part of my brain back on that had been petrified for a while.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member

I pretty much watch whatever the kids have going...

That baby monkey's kinda funny.

But I usually make them change it when its grown men playing with toys.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
What baby monkey is that?
A little monkey that seems to spend a lot of time grocery shopping, and then spending a lot of time on the toilet.

It makes sense.

Its a real monkey... the scenes are just ridiculous.
That can be a problem, depending on the context.
I feel its a problem in any context, but acknowledge the severity of the problem can vary greatly.