• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddhism : Reasons why you should become vegetarian

syoonsh

In Buddhism, all animals considered do have souls, such as cows, pigs, fish, etc....

In Matrix, these are called HOLOGRAMS, and if you eat these animals, eventually, you're eating their KARMA as well.
When you go to supermarket and see a tray loads of packaged meats,these animals are still alive wondering in their body.

For example, Fish DO NOT have arm and legs, and if you eat FISH, then , these FISH holograms will applied to your body thus, in the result, you'll have some kind of accident on the arm or legs in real life.

In the event of any pregnant woman do eat DUCK,the woman's baby will have some kind of duck's shaped feet and baby may cry like wild animal.

Chickens are knowns and good source of protein to humans. If you eat too much chicken, then you'll gain weight like chicken.

If you eat snake, you're eyes will turn like snake eye.

people who do kill animals, or deliever , or cook, or eat meat, will eventually ended up some kind of accidents, or terrible situations.

When animals are packaged into foods, these animals do still have aura(Soul) remains in their meat. below is a time limitation for the animal souls trapped into human.

EGG : 1 month

VIRUS-BACTERIA : 1month - 1 year

COCKROACHES- ANTS- FLYs : 3 months

ANCHOVY - FROG- FERTILIZED EGG : 1 year

WHALE - COW : 1 - 3 years

CHICKEN - PIG - LOBSTER - SHRIMP : 3 years

ANY FISH : 3-5 years

MOUSE - TURKEY : 3- 5 years

TUNA-SHARK-SALMON : 5- 10 years

OCTOPUS-DUCK-PIGEON-CAT-SHEEP : 10 years

HORSE-TIGER-CHEETA : 10 -50 years

DOLPHINS : 20 years

LION : 20-30 YEARS

PENGUINE- SEA DUCK : 30 years

FOX : 30-70 YEARS

WILD PIG- DOG- KANGAROO : 50 years

SNAKE-DEER : 70 YEARS

BEAR -ELEPHANT-GIRAFFE-RHINO-HIPPOPOTAMUS-WILD GOOSE-MANCHURIAN CRANE- TURTLE : 100 years

Below animals do have similar aura or karma as humans, so if you kill any one of these animals, so be cautions.

gorillas, monkeys,chimpanzee,orangutan

-------

Of course, plants do have souls and auras but not long as ABOVE animals.

vegetables : 1- 3 hours

Beans- Rice : 1- 2 hours

Mushrooms : 1-7 days

Fruits : 1 hour - 3 days

Recommended daily Vegetarian dishes

carbon hydrate : brown rice, wheat, potato, corns

protein : beans ...If you're strict vegetrian exclude Cheese and milk

FERMENT foods are also not good choice.

FOR SOME OF you are not VEGETARIAN may find this information shocking, but this is straight from buddhism table and it is up to you whether you believe or not.

more information are below

http://translate.google.com/transla...stView.nhn?blogId=heeejini&logNo=140069375982

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
In Buddhism, all animals considered do have souls, such as cows, pigs, fish, etc....

In Matrix, these are called HOLOGRAMS, and if you eat these animals, eventually, you're eating their KARMA as well.
When you go to supermarket and see a tray loads of packaged meats,these animals are still alive wondering in their body.
Fact check: Buddha stated: "that has not been declared by me"
Then Vacchagotta the wanderer went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, exchanged courteous greetings with him. After an exchange of friendly greetings & courtesies, he sat to one side. As he was sitting there, he said to the Blessed One, "Now then, Master Gotama, is the cosmos eternal?"

"That has not been declared by me, Vaccha: 'The cosmos is eternal.'"

"Well then, Master Gotama, is the cosmos not eternal?"

"Vaccha, that too has not been declared by me: 'The cosmos is not eternal.'"

"Then is the cosmos finite?"... "Is the cosmos infinite?"... "Is the body the same as the soul?"... "Is the body one thing, and the soul another?"... "Does the Tathagata exist after death?"... "Does the Tathagata not exist after death?"... "Does the Tathagata both exist and not exist after death?"... "Does the Tathagata neither exist nor not exist after death?"

"Vaccha, that too has not been declared by me: 'The Tathagata neither exists nor does not exist after death."

"Now, Master Gotama, what is the cause, what is the reason why — when wanderers of other sects are asked in this way, they answer that 'The cosmos is eternal' or 'The cosmos is not eternal' or 'The cosmos is finite' or 'The cosmos is infinite' or 'The body is the same as the soul' or 'The body is one thing and the soul another' or 'The Tathagata exists after death' or 'The Tathagata does not exist after death' or 'The Tathagata both exists and does not exist after death" or 'The Tathagata neither exists nor does not exist after death,' yet when Master Gotama is asked in this way, he does not answer that 'The cosmos is eternal' or 'The cosmos is not eternal' or 'The cosmos is finite' or 'The cosmos is infinite' or 'The body is the same as the soul' or 'The body is one thing and the soul another' or 'The Tathagata exists after death' or 'The Tathagata does not exist after death' or 'The Tathagata both exists and does not exist after death" or 'The Tathagata neither exists nor does not exist after death'?"​
Vacchagotta Sutta: With Vacchagotta

<...>
FOR SOME OF you are not VEGETARIAN may find this information shocking, but this is straight from buddhism table and it is up to you whether you believe or not.
I for one, would not believe it, nor do I believe it to be a Buddhist website. It contains nothing from Buddha's teachings.

Nothing here to see folks--move along. :run:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
If you're familiar with the work of Professor Jagadish Chandra Bose, who won a nobel prize, you'll know that plants do indeed experience something like pain when cut/picked/etc.

crossfire

Premium Member
Abhasita Sutta: What Was Not Said

in its entirety:
"Monks, these two slander the Tathagata. Which two? He who explains what was not said or spoken by the Tathagata as said or spoken by the Tathagata. And he who explains what was said or spoken by the Tathagata as not said or spoken by the Tathagata. These are two who slander the Tathagata."​

Speaks for itself.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I must agree with Crossfire (again).

There is certainly encouragement for vegetarianism in Buddhism. But not on those grounds.

CynthiaCypher

So if I eat like a lion will I become more lion like? Since I will get lion karma?

This doesn't seem to be an argument to not eat meat but rather and argument to go out and eat some exotic meat.

Someone cook me up a lion burger right now please.

crossfire

Premium Member

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
So if I eat like a lion will I become more lion like? Since I will get lion karma?

This doesn't seem to be an argument to not eat meat but rather and argument to go out and eat some exotic meat.

Someone cook me up a lion burger right now please.

How strange but what you said reminds me very much of this logion from the Gospel of Thomas...

(7) Jesus said: Blessed is the lion which the man eats, and the lion will become man; and cursed is the man whom the lion eats, and the lion will become man.

:confused:

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Look at my religion...

Ah, explains it. I didn't realize you were consciously referencing it :D My bad.

What an intriguing faith you have, by the way. An anarcho-Gnostic. Sounds fun :yes:

Last edited:
Oh dear I lost a reply.

That was an interesting OP. In all my years of looking into Buddhism I can't say I've seen anything quite like it. Very accurate, almost like someone opened up the animals and started weighing souls, maybe they had digital scales to find such figures! I'm not sure that the idea of souls is consumate with the other rather specific ideas in Buddhism though. Not sure about that.

Buddhism seems to be OK with meat eating, like all things it is the middle path though. It isn't usually about what you do but how you do it. It isn't ascetic nor is it lascivious. So when it comes to meat I think its OK but we should probably be doing it less as everything we do should be with the least amount of suffering, but it is good for health in small amounts.

Now another layer of complexity that wasn't there 2500 years ago and of course we must keep Buddhism up to date is environmental harm. We are starting to learn that small scale efficient smallholdings can produce as much food as large scale super intensive monoculture farming that rely on massive supplments and destroy the land as well as using up finite resources and excess fresh water, draining aquifiers etc.

Along with this small scale farming (and to be fair larger too) there are natural edible waste products but not ones that are considered fit for human consumption. This is good free animal feed in a lot of cases. So you produce animals out of waste materials, its not as much meat as we get now but that is OK that is the idea. The animals produce some useful byproducts too!

So thats my thoughts, everything in moderation, buddhism all over!