• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California's Third Strike Law

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Hey guys, under Proposition 66, California's Third Strike Law would be abolished, and approximately 26,000 "felons" will be re-sentenced. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Third Strike Law, if you commit a felony twice, then the third crime would be considered a felony. Prop. 66 suggests that the third crime would be prosecuted as an individual crime, and considered a felony if it is a violent act. For example, a DUI would not be considered a felony unless you injure or kill someone during that period.

Even though I can't vote :banghead3 , I'd still like to give my point of view. I'm for Proposition 66 and I'll tell you why. Say I've commited a felony twice, and twenty years later, after I've turned my life around, I steal a bottle of shampoo or a C.D. or even a slice of pizza, it would be sentenced as 25 years to jail. It's unbelievable! Stealing a bottle of aspirin is not the same as molesting a 7 year-old!

What's your opinion?

http://www.smartvoter.org/2004/11/02/ca/state/prop/66/ Full-Proposition

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sounds like the third strike law is one of those things that looks good on paper but works out in practice to be a nightmare.