• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a monotheistic hindu or sikh be noahide?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've been on this forum for years now :(

Sorry. My question was only to point out that the OP had a false assumption in it. I knew what it was, but I just don't think folks should assume that others know the definitions that are unique to a particular faith. If I use 'moksha' or 'samsara' or 'sushumna' in anywhere but the Hinduism sub-forum, I would likely define them, unless I forgot.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Can a monotheistic hindu or sikh be a noahide?

According to Chapter 1, Article 1 of the Rehat Maryada, to be a Sikh, a person cannot hold allegiance to any religion other than Sikhism. For that reason, a Sikh cannot follow the Torah and the teachings of Rabbis alongside the 10 human Gurūs and the Gurū Granth Sāhib.

I doubt a monotheistic Hindu could simultaneously be a Noahide. Perhaps @Rival could answer these questions:
Can Noahides call HaShem by names like Hari, Rāma, and Omkāra?
Can Noahides recognize Hindu scriptures as having authority in religion?
Can Noahides celebrate Hindu festivals and keep fasts on the Hindu Calendar?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Can Noahides call HaShem by names like Hari, Rāma, and Omkāra?
Can Noahides recognize Hindu scriptures as having authority in religion?
Can Noahides celebrate Hindu festivals and keep fasts on the Hindu Calendar?
Hard no on all of these.