• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone help me find a religion?

Danneskjold

Hi all,
I was raised a very dedicated Christian but have since veered away from serious concern about creation and other complex questions in my own life. However, I often find transcendence in the words of many religious and cultural leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Pope Francis, Catie Wayne, and the Dalai Lama (as well as in the goodness of mankind in general). Is there an organize religion in the states where I might likely feel that no further faith is expected of me?
Thanks!
Isaac

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You might check out our Seekers DIR, but you ask a very broad question. There's a LOT of organized religions in the US alone, so it would help if you narrow down your already-existent beliefs. Pretty sure you don't want to join something that would make you discard the bulk of what you already believe. ^_^

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Avoiding the barb on that hook......
What happens to Jesus and the creator that is supposed to be the source of all ?
~
'mud

Brinne

In that case, Buddhism, Advaita Hinduism or UU. The other religions will require you to have faith in son of God, messenger of God, or manifesttion of God.

I agree with this. Maybe add Taoism to your list of religions to look into. Though, philosophical Taoism isn't really an 'organized religion' persay.

starlite

Texasgirl
Jesus himself began gathering those who would be the first members of the Christian congregation. The Christian congregation had its beginnings with about 120 disciples who were “all together at the same place”—an upper room—and who were anointed with holy spirit. (Acts 2:1) By the end of that day, baptized members of that congregation numbered into the thousands.

Hebrews 10:24,25 shows the reason we are admonished to gather together regularly in our worship of God.

24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.

I suggest that you go to JW.ORG to find satisfying answers to your question.