• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone tell me where to find a Shia translation of the Quran?

A-ManESL

The Holy Qur'an (ISBN: 0940368846 )
Ali, S. V. Mir Ahmed and Yazdi, Ayatullah Agha H. M. M. Pooya

Is this what you are looking for?

ConfusedKuri

There is no specific "Shia" translation as far as I'm concerned, the tafsir(interpretation) is the only thing which differs. It should be noted that it's not always Muslims who translate the Quran, but in many cases linguists, recently there has been a high demand for a Shiite translation of the Holy Quran.

http://www.shiasource.com/al-mizan/

Tafsir al-Mizan is considered to be one of the best Tafsirs made by a Shiite.

Many also say of Ahmad Raza's tafsir to be a very inspirational one because of his love for Ahlbait and Rasulullah SAW, however it seems that one's only available in Urdu so I cannot comment on how good it is :/

Last edited:

ConfusedKuri

I want to get a Quran that agrees with Shi'ah Islam. I guess I will have to research it.

You cannot get a Quran that "agrees" with any interpretation of Islam, the only thing you can to is get a tafsir(interpretation) according to Shia scholars and the link above is one of the most well-known ones, there is better ones out there, however most of them are not translated into any European language.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
We all use the same Qur'an. The shi'a interpret some parts different. However the big difference is in the Books of Hadith. We Sunni only accept the collections of the first 4 Imams as as being authenticate Hadith, the Shi'i accept 12 as being authenticate.