• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cannula?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Who here has ever had a cannula?

Today I underwent a medical procedure that required a cannula going into one of the veins on my hand

This was the third time I have had a cannula the other two times was when I almost died of pneumonia in 2017

The first time I had one it hurt like he'll and the other two times it didn't

It was the worst pain I have ever felt

I think the first one hurt because it was done by a paramedic in my home, the other two times it was done by nurses in a hospital

I think that nurses have a better technique than paramedics

What was your experience like with cannulas?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Who here has ever had a cannula?

Today I underwent a medical procedure that required a cannula going into one of the veins on my hand

This was the third time I have had a cannula the other two times was when I almost died of pneumonia in 2017

The first time I had one it hurt like he'll and the other two times it didn't

It was the worst pain I have ever felt

I think the first one hurt because it was done by a paramedic in my home, the other two times it was done by nurses in a hospital

I think that nurses have a better technique than paramedics

What was your experience like with cannulas?
I think this is simply down to the numbers involved, and where hospital nurses usually are better skilled at such because they do it so often. That is my experience, and where I have had bruised arms invariably when one particular person did this but not when others did so - this at my doctor's shared health centre. Fortunately she was replaced later by a more skilled nurse (from some Eastern European country possibly - didn't ask), but I think she might have moved on now - being rather nice too. :(

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
After my stomach op i had catheters abd cannulas (not sure if thats the plural) in both arms and stomach. I was out of it when they were inserted. But when i woke my left arm hurt like hell. It was eventually removed and a new one inserted. Ahhh, the relief. But my arm bruised from elbow to wrist.