• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrating the seasons and Sabbats

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Do you celebrate any of the traditional Wiccan/Neo-Pagan holidays? All 8, only a few? Is there a reason?

If you celebrate the seasonal holidays, do you do so on the actual equinoxes/solstices, or do you wait for an actual seasonal change in your environment?

I know sometimes where I am, it doesn't seem like fall until October =)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Do you celebrate any of the traditional Wiccan/Neo-Pagan holidays? All 8, only a few? Is there a reason?

If you celebrate the seasonal holidays, do you do so on the actual equinoxes/solstices, or do you wait for an actual seasonal change in your environment?

I celebrate the four seasons, but not in any traditional way. Each of the seasons have their own feel and flavor. I usually wait until I get into the spirit of the season.

Autumn is, without a doubt, my favorite. :):pumpkin:

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I celebrate the four seasons, but not in any traditional way. Each of the seasons have their own feel and flavor. I usually wait until I get into the spirit of the season.

Autumn is, without a doubt, my favorite. :):pumpkin:

Mine too. =) Come August, I start planning for Fall, and Samhain. :D

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

I celebrate the Solstices, the Equinox's, and Samhain. I don't feel too much from the others.

I aim to do them on the day, but if I'm either not up to it, or it just doesn't seem like the time is right, I wait until it does.

September is distinctively fall to me, so it works out that the Equinox is in that month.

BFD_Zayl

no, and if you must know why, I am not Wiccan, nor do I consider myself Neo-Pagan for that matter.

Isabella Lecour

amor aeternus est
I try to remember all of them at least mentaly, a mental nod for those days. Only a few High Holy Days do I really celebrate. The ones I do go all out for are those I've really conected with and understand in a personal nature.
I've done both before. Working alone as I do, I can take the time to deal with a time based Holy Day but most social celebration tends to get done on the weekend closest to it. I don't really like that for most Holy Days but it seams to be the way it is around here for doing open circle celebrations. On the other hand I've shifted my own celebrations around to relfect the seasons, which caused me to drop Lammas as a harvest holy day and makes Mabon a bit more important.
I know what you mean. It's August and it doesn't feel like fall at all. Instead the rain has finely come again and everything is green for the last time of the season.

Alva

When I can (or the Coven reunites for that porpose) I celebrate the 8... but its not unusual to postpone a date of a festival because someone has an appointment at that same date.

When for some reason we don't get the Coven together, I just celebrate my own way, by baking a cake, praying on my altar or dancing=)

In my country the 4 seasons are distinguishable, and the celebratins are always a good reason for joining friends and Coven, as we greet the Great Cycle movements :)