• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celtic Christianity

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I've run into a number of books and pages on the subject in my research of Celtic things (even going at it from a Pagan angle it's pretty unavoidable), so I figured I'd post some info links here for people to take a look at.

The Celtic Catholic Church welcomes you
The Celtic Catholic Church is the Christian Church as it was founded among the Celtic peoples in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and Brittany almost two thousand years ago. It traces its history back to the time of Jesus and his Apostles, and indeed, the Church was established by disciples of our Savior shortly after his crucifixion and Resurrection. Ancient legend says the first missionary to Britain was St. Joseph of Arimathea, Jesus' great uncle. Whether this is strictly historically true or not, it does attest to the ancientness of the Church among the Celtic peoples. Long before there were the divisions between Orthodox and Catholic, and later between Catholic and Protestant, the Church was one in doctrine and belief, with no serious divisions but geographic ones. The Celtic Catholic Church is simply that part of the Church which was founded in the Celtic lands, just as the Roman Catholic Church is the Church founded in Italy, and the Greek Orthodox Church in Greece.

Fall 1998 - Christian History
Celtic Spirituality

It probably doesn't seem too extraordinary, but I find it interesting. :)

lunamoth

Will to love
I've run into a number of books and pages on the subject in my research of Celtic things (even going at it from a Pagan angle it's pretty unavoidable), so I figured I'd post some info links here for people to take a look at.

The Celtic Catholic Church welcomes you

Fall 1998 - Christian History
Celtic Spirituality

It probably doesn't seem too extraordinary, but I find it interesting. :)

Yes, that's why the Anglican Communion is the One True Church. We follow the Way of Christianity in its earliest form...before any splits and elaboration of dogma. ;)

Hope

Princesinha
I find Celtic Christianity fascinating. A few years ago I got to visit the Holy Isle, or Lindisfarne, in northeastern England. It's the site of a small Celtic Christian community that was originally founded by St. Aidan. The community of Christians now living there follow a monastic lifestyle.

Welcome to the home of the Northumbria Community online

The Holy Island of Lindisfarne

Here is a video of one of the main leaders of the community, Andy Raine, reading poetry with a view of Lindisfarne in the background. I had the privilege of meeting him while I was there, and was so struck by his simple, childlike faith. He's a really neat guy.

YouTube - Andy Raine