• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Check this out.

Frank Goad

Check this out. Conscious life after death proven from the Bible

I found this on this website:

The Inner man: Extinctionists wrongly believe man is wholly physical!

1. The New Testament authors clearly believed that man had a dual nature. They refer to the body as "the outer man" and the soul/spirit as the "inner man" in such places as Rom. 7:22 and Eph. 3:16. The contrast is so clearly embedded in the mind of the Apostle Paul that he even described "the outer man" as decaying while the "inner man" or soul was being renewed day by day (2 Cor. 4:16). The contrast between the physical life of the body which was decaying and the onward progressive life of the soul could not be clearer. The Apostle Paul did not hesitate to speak of the body as the tabernacle or the house of clay in which man's transcendent soul indwells. In 2 Cor. 12:2-4, he could describe a person as being completely conscious while out of the body as well as when the person was in the body. The man in the passage did not cease to exist while out of his body. The man's transcendent soul or spirit could leave his body and ascend to the third heaven and be conscious in the presence of God. In 2 Cor. 5:14, the body is "an earthly tent" in which we dwell. In Phil. 1:22-24, Paul could speak of himself as an "I am" which could choose between being "in" a body or "departing" from that body to be with Christ. Paul viewed his approaching death as "the time of my departure," not extinction (2 Tim. 4:6). The Apostle Peter spoke of himself as dwelling for awhile in his earthly tabernacle until the time came for him to lay aside his body and depart (2 Peter 1:13-15). With both Peter and Paul there is no indication that they equated their self or soul with their body. Their "I-ness" dwells in an earthly tabernacle. Just as it would be absurd to equate someone who lived in a tent with the tent itself, there is no way to equate man's soul with the body in which it dwells. The conditional immortalitists have never wrestled with the patently clear passages which speak of a dualism or contrast between the physical life of the body and the transcendent life of the soul or spirit. (Death and The Afterlife, Robert Morey, Dualist, p. 63,64)
Do you think this makes it look like our soul or spirit does not die with our body?:)

Frank Goad

Check this out. Conscious life after death proven from the Bible

I found this on this website:

The Inner man: Extinctionists wrongly believe man is wholly physical!

1. The New Testament authors clearly believed that man had a dual nature. They refer to the body as "the outer man" and the soul/spirit as the "inner man" in such places as Rom. 7:22 and Eph. 3:16. The contrast is so clearly embedded in the mind of the Apostle Paul that he even described "the outer man" as decaying while the "inner man" or soul was being renewed day by day (2 Cor. 4:16). The contrast between the physical life of the body which was decaying and the onward progressive life of the soul could not be clearer. The Apostle Paul did not hesitate to speak of the body as the tabernacle or the house of clay in which man's transcendent soul indwells. In 2 Cor. 12:2-4, he could describe a person as being completely conscious while out of the body as well as when the person was in the body. The man in the passage did not cease to exist while out of his body. The man's transcendent soul or spirit could leave his body and ascend to the third heaven and be conscious in the presence of God. In 2 Cor. 5:14, the body is "an earthly tent" in which we dwell. In Phil. 1:22-24, Paul could speak of himself as an "I am" which could choose between being "in" a body or "departing" from that body to be with Christ. Paul viewed his approaching death as "the time of my departure," not extinction (2 Tim. 4:6). The Apostle Peter spoke of himself as dwelling for awhile in his earthly tabernacle until the time came for him to lay aside his body and depart (2 Peter 1:13-15). With both Peter and Paul there is no indication that they equated their self or soul with their body. Their "I-ness" dwells in an earthly tabernacle. Just as it would be absurd to equate someone who lived in a tent with the tent itself, there is no way to equate man's soul with the body in which it dwells. The conditional immortalitists have never wrestled with the patently clear passages which speak of a dualism or contrast between the physical life of the body and the transcendent life of the soul or spirit. (Death and The Afterlife, Robert Morey, Dualist, p. 63,64)
Do you think this makes it look like our soul or spirit does not die with our body?:)
Has anybody read the book Death and The Afterlife.By Robert Morey?:)