• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chee gung

john313

warrior-poet
Salaam,
can anyone recommend and good books or videos on chee gung? i have read Daniel Reid's book on it and a little in different traditional chinese medicine books, but i wanted to learn more.
also, does anyone know of any reliable instructors for chee gung and/or gung fu in the San Diego, California area? i understand it is better to have a good personal instructor to be sure everything is correct for chee gung. thanks for any help :)

wa salaam

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I believe you're referring to chi/qigong? :)

I did a quick Google, and there's a Taoist Sanctuary in San Diego that does Qigong classes... $65 for two classes a week or $50 for one class a week. Tai Chi Healthways also offers classes, but I couldn't find a price and they're once a week.

Sorry I couldn't find any more than that! I'm not really read up on qigong... Wikipedia has a fairly in-depth article on what it is, though, so reading that and avoiding any books that differ from that are probably something to avoid.

Good luck!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
It's cool, since it does sound like that. :) Romanizing Chinese words can be really hard, and unless you're using a specific system to type them (like pinyin) or you type something like sldgkhj there's not really a 'wrong' way to spell them.

syoonsh

john313 said:
Salaam,
can anyone recommend and good books or videos on chee gung? i have read Daniel Reid's book on it and a little in different traditional chinese medicine books, but i wanted to learn more.
also, does anyone know of any reliable instructors for chee gung and/or gung fu in the San Diego, California area? i understand it is better to have a good personal instructor to be sure everything is correct for chee gung. thanks for any help :)

wa salaam
John, Perhaps maybe you might be interested seeing this video clip of " Ki-Kong " movement presentation done by "DAHN WORLD". This Ki-Kong is done from Korean,
Dahn World organization. The file is big about 50mb, but I bet for you it will be worth watching.

http://atlas21.linkfile.net/daejeon/gigong/hero1_20051015.wmvhttp://atlas21.linkfile.net/daejeon/...1_20051015.wmv

Master Vigil

syoonsh, as a long time chi gong, and traditional korean tang soo do practitioner. The movie was beautiful. Some parts of the form where a little bit impractical from a chi gong standpoint, but still it shows it's korean philosophy in beautiful form. :D