• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childish Question

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
If God made us, and everything else.... who or what made God?

Some would say "no one, nothing, God just was" or "God made himself" (i've actually heard that argument believe it or not! :p )

It's really a stupid question, I know, but I'd still like some opinions on it. (cause i'm a nutcase like that) Thanks!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Buttons* said:

Some would say "no one, nothing, God just was" or "God made himself" (i've actually heard that argument believe it or not! :p )

It's really a stupid question, I know, but I'd still like some opinions on it. (cause i'm a nutcase like that) Thanks!
you know, i think your more intelligent than you let on........ but you put this in the bilical debates section, and i have no scriptural references to back up my beliefs. would you like it moved to the general religious debates section? or do you just want scriptural arguments?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
God was made by the Acme Latex Deity Division of the Acme Corporation, Buttons*.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Buttons* said:

I can't think beyond that....:areyoucra
I get a brain fart if I try.....

Bishka

Veteran Member
Buttons* said:

Well, I don't know if you know my opinion, but I believe there was a father of God, and one before him and before him, etc, etc. It goes on forever, which is hard to grasp, but as my Christian History teacher once explained because of the Greco-Roman way of thinking it's hard to understand forever, but he said if you lived as an ancient Egyptian, it'd be easier to grasp that concept. This probably made no sense, but I tried.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mike182 said:
you know, i think your more intelligent than you let on........ but you put this in the bilical debates section, and i have no scriptural references to back up my beliefs. would you like it moved to the general religious debates section? or do you just want scriptural arguments?
sure Mike, do whatever you see fit! *smiles*

... i wasnt really sure where this should go...

Mike182

Flaming Queer
the creation can be traced back to a point where time ceases to exist - nothing was created before time.

any question about God before time is irrelivant, because it is beyond our comprehension, because the idea of time not existing is beyond our comprehension.

Judgement Day

God has no beginning and has no end. The state of being in beginning and at end is a mechanism created by God for His creations.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
God is infinite. In the concept of Infintiy, there is no beginning and no end. We can't grasp this concept because everything around us is finite (with the exception of time).

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mike182 said:
the creation can be traced back to a point where time ceases to exist - nothing was created before time.
but what was before time? (if i'm running in circles, feel free to slap me)

any question about God before time is irrelivant, because it is beyond our comprehension, because the idea of time not existing is beyond our comprehension.
so God doesnt live in our universe or concept of time? (guess you dont take the literalist approach then? ;) )

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Judgement Day said:
God has no beginning and has no end. The state of being in beginning and at end is a mechanism created by God for His creations.
I dont understand why God would create a consept of time in the first place :confused:

and this is where you will probably tell me, "Well, its not for us to know," or "It's all part of God's plan," ... something to that effect... right?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Buttons* said:
but what was before time? (if i'm running in circles, feel free to slap me)
the question "what was before time" is ...... just ........ :banghead3

so God doesnt live in our universe or concept of time?
(guess you dont take the literalist approach then? ;) )
in my post, i made no reference to where God lives ;)

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mister_T said:
God is infinite. In the concept of Infintiy, there is no beginning and no end. We can't grasp this concept because everything around us is finite (with the exception of time).
if time is infinate, and God is infinate, then is God time?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Buttons* said:
I dont understand why God would create a consept of time in the first place :confused:

and this is where you will probably tell me, "Well, its not for us to know," or "It's all part of God's plan," ... something to that effect... right?

the concept of time is a man made thing.

Einstein claims that time is linked with gravity (i don't fully understand the link....) with noe gravity (no mass, no nothing) there is no time.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
perhaps this is subject to another debate thread, and i should probably go research it first.... but is time infinite? i don't think it is, but i need to do some research....

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mike182 said:
perhaps this is subject to another debate thread, and i should probably go research it first.... but is time infinite? i don't think it is, but i need to do some research....
i shouldn't have started it in the first place. I really have no stance on the matter....

and i'm really a moron with a lot of questions....