• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China trying to officially stamp out allegiance to Dalai Lama

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Here we go again. I don't think that His Holiness will ever be able to see his homeland again in his life.

:sad:

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=46,3034,0,0,1,0

Chinese official in Tibet orders crackdown on Dalai Lama worship

LGIB.gov.uk, Aug 15, 2006

The Dalai Lama has said he wants a 'middle way' rather than independence for Tibet, but the Chinese authorities accuse him of lying
Lhasa, Tibet (China) -- China's new top official in Tibet has started a campaign to stamp out allegiance to the exiled Dalai Lama and to extinguish religious beliefs among local government officials.

Dalai-m.jpg
<< The Dalai Lama

Zhang Qingli, the Communist Party secretary to the Tibetan Autonomous Region, is cracking down on Buddhism. Ethnic Tibetan officials in Lhasa as well as in surrounding rural counties have been required to write criticisms of the Dalai Lama.
Senior officials have been ordered to write 10,000 word condemnations of the exiled ruler, while junior posts need only produce 5,000 character critiques.
The Dalai Lama has said he does not seek full independence from China, but a recent full page diatribe in the 'Tibet Daily' newspaper accused him of treason.
"What he pursues is a swindle and nothing stands between his 'high-level autonomy' and 'Tibetan independence'," it reported.
The latest attacks cast doubt over the future of negotiations between the Dalai Lama's envoys and the Chinese government over his possible return to Tibet. Talks had resumed in 2002 but have made little progress so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace,
Mystic

Hyperborean

Cultural Conservative
The Dalai Lama has said he does not seek full independence from China, but a recent full page diatribe in the 'Tibet Daily' newspaper accused him of treason.
"What he pursues is a swindle and nothing stands between his 'high-level autonomy' and 'Tibetan independence'," it reported.

Ironically, the Dalai Lama is a Marxist, which he admits himself. He already committed treason against and stabbed the KMT and the Republic of China in the back after he tried joining the Communist Party as "Vice-President of the Steering Committee of the National People's Congress of the People's Republic of China".

To be fair, it sounds like "high-level autonomy" is another way of saying that he effectively wants his own country, but wants China to pay the bills. Now if I thought that some guy was trying to cheat me out of billions of dollars a year, I'd be angry too. It's not going to happen.

Last edited: