• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

christian hip hop is great!

kevinator815

I really like Christian Hip-Hop because its so positive and motivating. It spreads a good word and is about changing for the better… I can’t wait for the “Hit Hip-Hop ReMixed” compilation to come out because it features one of my favorite rappers Viktory on it. Anyone heard of this???

jaydubb

Gotta admit this topic has taken a weird turn, but Hip Hop in it's secular form transcends religion and has created a unified global culture. I have been listening to Christian Hip Hop from day one and the genre has come a long way, top artists in my opinion Lecrae, KB, NF, Andy Mineo, Gemstones. There are a gang of artists on the come up tho.

Eterniteez
Eterniteez Christian clothing

VioletVortex

Hip hop sucks. It takes very little talent, most of its "musicians" are untalented, greedy, violent people
Violent only goes for gangster rap. Why name a genre after criminals?

What's the point in hearing some untalented rapper making noise into a microphone?

Hip hop sucks. It takes very little talent, most of its "musicians" are untalented, greedy, violent people
Violent only goes for gangster rap. Why name a genre after criminals?

When hip hop first began it was positive.Artist such as Grand Master Flash and the Furious five had much to say.They produced a track called the message that speaks about the troubles of our society in America.The chorus says,"It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how we keep from going under." The lyrics are deep and are saying something.

Afrika Bambata is another one who used his skills to express himself on the matters of the world.He even got John Lyndon A.K.A.Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols to join the group.They called the group Time Zone.The lyrics are mind blowing.The intro features Ronald Reagan speaking before the music starts.

Speak about destruction
Speak about destruction
Speak about destruction

This is a world destruction, your life ain't nothing.
The human race is becoming a disgrace.
Countries are fighting with chemical warfare.
Not giving a damn about the people who live.
Nostradamus predicts the coming of the Antichrist.
Hey, look out, the third world nations are on the rise.
The Democratic-Communist Relationship,
won't stand in the way of the Islamic force.
The CIA is looking for you.
The KGB is smarter than you think.
Brainwash mentalities to control the system.
Using TV and movies - religions of course.
Yes, the world is headed for destruction.
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

This is a world destruction. Your life ain't nothing.
The rich get richer.
The poor are getting poorer.
Fascist, chauvinistic government fools.
People, Muslims, Christians and Hindus.
Are in a time zone just searching for the truth.
Who are you to think you're a superior race?
Facing forth your everlasting doom.
We are Time Zone. We've come to drop a bomb on you.
World destruction, kaboom, kaboom, kaboom!

This is the world destruction, your life ain't nothing.
Nationalities are fighting with each other.
Why is this? Because the system tells you.
Putting people in faceless categories.
Knowledge isn't what it used to be.
Military tactics to control a nation.
Who wants to be a president or king? Me!
Mother Nature is gonna work against you.
Nothing in your power that you can do.
You and I know it, cause the Bible tells you.
If we don't start to look for a better life,
the world will be destroyed in a time zone!

Speak about destruction
Time Zone:World Destruction Lyrics - LyricWikia - song lyrics, music lyrics

Later on in the late 80's, gangster rap came out.There was an agenda.It was done on purpose.Those who went against the grain were killed.Those who were deep in it and spoke the truth were dealt with.2 Pac,Biggie Smalls A.K.A. Big Poppa knew this.It is real deep.

@Iron Wizard

When hip hop first began it was positive.Artist such as Grand Master Flash and the Furious five had much to say.They produced a track called the message that speaks about the troubles of our society in America.The chorus says,"It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how we keep from going under." The lyrics are deep and are saying something.

Afrika Bambata is another one who used his skills to express himself on the matters of the world.He even got John Lyndon A.K.A.Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols to join the group.They called the group Time Zone.The lyrics are mind blowing.The intro features Ronald Reagan speaking before the music starts.

Speak about destruction
Speak about destruction
Speak about destruction

This is a world destruction, your life ain't nothing.
Countries are fighting with chemical warfare.
Not giving a damn about the people who live.
Nostradamus predicts the coming of the Antichrist.
Hey, look out, the third world nations are on the rise.
The Democratic-Communist Relationship,
won't stand in the way of the Islamic force.
The CIA is looking for you.
The KGB is smarter than you think.
Brainwash mentalities to control the system.
Using TV and movies - religions of course.
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

This is a world destruction. Your life ain't nothing.
The rich get richer.
The poor are getting poorer.
Fascist, chauvinistic government fools.
People, Muslims, Christians and Hindus.
Are in a time zone just searching for the truth.
Who are you to think you're a superior race?
Facing forth your everlasting doom.
We are Time Zone. We've come to drop a bomb on you.
World destruction, kaboom, kaboom, kaboom!

This is the world destruction, your life ain't nothing.
Nationalities are fighting with each other.
Why is this? Because the system tells you.
Putting people in faceless categories.
Knowledge isn't what it used to be.
Military tactics to control a nation.
Who wants to be a president or king? Me!
Mother Nature is gonna work against you.
Nothing in your power that you can do.
You and I know it, cause the Bible tells you.
If we don't start to look for a better life,
the world will be destroyed in a time zone!

Speak about destruction
Time Zone:World Destruction Lyrics - LyricWikia - song lyrics, music lyrics

Later on in the late 80's, gangster rap came out.There was an agenda.It was done on purpose.Those who went against the grain were killed.Those who were deep in it and spoke the truth were dealt with.2 Pac,Biggie Smalls A.K.A. Big Poppa knew this.It is real deep.

VioletVortex

I'm not going to rap. Yes, I admit that writing rap, just like any other genre takes some talent.
I just think most of its stupid. I some rap rock and rap metal, though.

Most modern rap is about the "ghetto," girls, girls' butts, gold chains, partying, hard drugs, and other stuff that's dumb. Rap songs are often very repetitive, and the instrumentation is drum machine and synthesizer. Look at Lil' Wayne's guitar "playing." His style consists alternating between three or four notes very slowly, and he can't even hold the guitar properly.

I bet I'm a better guitarist than him, and I kind of suck.

Flankerl

Yeah uhm no.

facepalm.jpg

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm not going to rap. Yes, I admit that writing rap, just like any other genre takes some talent.
I just think most of its stupid. I some rap rock and rap metal, though.

Most modern rap is about the "ghetto," girls, girls' butts, gold chains, partying, hard drugs, and other stuff that's dumb. Rap songs are often very repetitive, and the instrumentation is drum machine and synthesizer. Look at Lil' Wayne's guitar "playing." His style consists alternating between three or four notes very slowly, and he can't even hold the guitar properly.

I bet I'm a better guitarist than him, and I kind of suck.

I think you'd be surprised to find that modern rap is far more than "ghetto" and that there are many rap albums with completely live instrumentation. That being said, the most vapid forms of music tend to sell the most. I'm not going to defend Lil' Wayne's guitar playing though. Most people I imagine are better at guitar.

Also, don't hate on drum machine and synth. I play drums and guitar, but I play drum machines and synths, and the latter is just as fun to play, and some as, if not more nuanced and difficult to play.

VioletVortex

Your right, synthesizers are fun to play, and yes, keyboard synthesizers are quite hard to play.
I'm talking about computerized synthesizers. Drum machines sound very unnatural, over they are too tight. Real drumming gives more of a multi dimensional sound, though there are a few programs that allow for a more realistic drum machine sound.

Modern mainstream rap is what I mean by modern rap, sorry. I know some underground rap has very intellectual lyrics.