• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Moms Complain About Lack of “Respect and Dignity” in Super Bowl Halftime Show

Skwim

Veteran Member

Grab your torches and pitchforks.

"The evangelical Christian hate group One Million Moms (Twitter count: 4,731), which never has a critical thing to say about Donald Trump, can’t believe two women danced onstage during halftime of the Super Bowl. Jennifer Lopez basically danced while wearing a “glitter maxi pad,” they claim.

They’re now calling for everyone to sign their petition in order to… well, nothing. There’s nothing to “petition.” It’s just a way to grow their mailing list. But a lack of motivation never stopped them from whining.

How are children supposed to learn about respect and dignity when this is what they see on the world’s biggest stage?

Latin rapper Bad Bunny briefly joined them on stage, but he wasn’t the biggest surprise of the evening. The halftime performance went from pole dancing to a chorus of children singing and dancing alongside Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter, Emme. Children were shown in lit silhouette cages.

There were so many other music artists who could have performed and given a much cleaner and more appropriate performance. Many families watch the Super Bowl together, therefore, the halftime show should be family-friendly. Is it too much to ask for Super Bowl entertainment be suitable for fans of all ages?

These Christians are more upset at J-Lo for featuring kids in imaginary cages than they are at Republicans for putting kids in actual ones.
source

Anybody here see this lack of respect and dignity in the halftime show?
(The full show is on the video above.)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

"The evangelical Christian hate group One Million Moms (Twitter count: 4,731), which never has a critical thing to say about Donald Trump, can’t believe two women danced onstage during halftime of the Super Bowl. Jennifer Lopez basically danced while wearing a “glitter maxi pad,” they claim.

They’re now calling for everyone to sign their petition in order to… well, nothing. There’s nothing to “petition.” It’s just a way to grow their mailing list. But a lack of motivation never stopped them from whining.

How are children supposed to learn about respect and dignity when this is what they see on the world’s biggest stage?

Latin rapper Bad Bunny briefly joined them on stage, but he wasn’t the biggest surprise of the evening. The halftime performance went from pole dancing to a chorus of children singing and dancing alongside Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter, Emme. Children were shown in lit silhouette cages.

There were so many other music artists who could have performed and given a much cleaner and more appropriate performance. Many families watch the Super Bowl together, therefore, the halftime show should be family-friendly. Is it too much to ask for Super Bowl entertainment be suitable for fans of all ages?

These Christians are more upset at J-Lo for featuring kids in imaginary cages than they are at Republicans for putting kids in actual ones.
source

One million moms?
upload_2020-2-5_10-17-3.gif

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't find Super Bowl halftime shows all that interesting either.
Maybe I'll join One Million Moms.
Ya know, and just be myself.

Kinda like when I attended an anti-abortion rally outside of Planned Parenthood. I carried my "Gay Atheist For Life" placard.*

*Not really, but I threatened to. The PP people asked me not to. They found the picketers annoying but inconsequential. They didn't want me turning it into a media event. They're very big on privacy.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
You should see her website....

Home Page

It's better than Landover Baptist*!

*Well, sometimes
And better than the thread I've posted here. At least this has all the hyperbole we've come to expect from One Million (4,731) Moms

"Disgusted with the Super Bowl Halftime Show? Sign Here!

ImageGen.ashx

This year’s Super Bowl LIV halftime performance featuring Jennifer Lopez and Shakira was extremely vulgar and nothing more than a striptease. The nearly naked performers were shaking their scantily clad rear ends and numerous other body parts.

Shakira is known for her risqué hip movements, which were on full display during the performance. As if that wasn’t enough vulgarity, she added rope bondage to her dance routine, all while children were watching.

Lopez followed suit by grabbing her own crotch, gyrating all over the stage, and allowing men to rub their hands all over her body. Lopez also pole danced, as a nod to her role in the R-rated movie Hustlers, and incorporated stripper moves such as spread-leg squats, crotch shots, and a full view of her backside while bending over and wearing what looked like a thong. In fact, some are saying it was nothing more than a glitter maxi pad.

There were so many other music artists who could have performed and given a much cleaner and more appropriate performance.and Many families watch the Super Bowl together, therefore, the halftime show should be family-friendly. Is it too much to ask for Super Bowl entertainment be suitable for fans of all ages?source

Thanks for heads up N.M.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And better than the thread I've posted here. At least this has all the hyperbole we've come to expect from One Million (last count: 4,731) Moms

"Disgusted with the Super Bowl Halftime Show? Sign Here!

ImageGen.ashx
This year’s Super Bowl LIV halftime performance featuring Jennifer Lopez and Shakira was extremely vulgar and nothing more than a striptease. The nearly naked performers were shaking their scantily clad rear ends and numerous other body parts.

Shakira is known for her risqué hip movements, which were on full display during the performance. As if that wasn’t enough vulgarity, she added rope bondage to her dance routine, all while children were watching.

Lopez followed suit by grabbing her own crotch, gyrating all over the stage, and allowing men to rub their hands all over her body. Lopez also pole danced, as a nod to her role in the R-rated movie Hustlers, and incorporated stripper moves such as spread-leg squats, crotch shots, and a full view of her backside while bending over and wearing what looked like a thong. In fact, some are saying it was nothing more than a glitter maxi pad.

There were so many other music artists who could have performed and given a much cleaner and more appropriate performance.and Many families watch the Super Bowl together, therefore, the halftime show should be family-friendly. Is it too much to ask for Super Bowl entertainment be suitable for fans of all ages?

TAKE ACTION

Please sign the petition to the NFL and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell letting them know how disgusted you are with Super Bowl LIV’s halftime show."
source

Thanks for heads up N.M.. :thumbsup:

Sounds like I better fire up the DVR and watch the Superbowl. After all, I can't be genuinely enraged (or is that engorged?) until after I see their performance.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Sounds like I better fire up the DVR and watch the Superbowl. After all, I can't be genuinely enraged (or is that engorged?) until after I see their performance.
Yeah, sure. You just want to see a full view of J. Lo's backside while bending over and wearing what looked like a thong, which some are saying was nothing more than a glitter maxi pad.

What are you, normal or something?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, sure. You just want to see a full view of J. Lo's backside while bending over and wearing what looked like a thong, which some are saying was nothing more than a glitter maxi pad.

What are you, normal or something?

There is only one way to find out.

Bob the Unbeliever

source

Ironic, considering these people support the "Grab'em by the Kitty" serial adulterer....

Worse-- none complained about the less clad cheerleaders during the actual game.

My guess? The Half Time performers were of the Wrong Color....

pearl

I do not think that anyone would have to be Christian to be offended by the display at half time.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

source

If the spectacle of bodies violently pounding other bodies didn't bother many people, then I seriously doubt a little bit of thigh shaking or body thrusts would have offended very many people.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
If the spectacle of bodies violently pounding other bodies didn't bother many people, then I seriously doubt a little bit of thigh shaking or body thrusts would have offended very many people.

OK, to have my say, I watched what this was all about and what I saw was:
WOW, these women still have enough air to sing during a strenuous dance routine. What a great display of fitness. And that all while remembering all the lines and all the perfectly choreographed moves. Big kudos.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
EF starts singing

:musicalscore:Una loba en el armario, tiene ganas de salir...
Deja que se coma el barrio antes de irte a dormir,:musicnotes:

PureX

Veteran Member
.Anybody here see this lack of respect and dignity in the halftime show?
All I saw was a horrific lack of creativity. Yet another "strutting sl*t" act in an endless chain of strutting sl*t acts dating back (basically unchanged) to Madonna. And I was never much impressed by her strutting sl*t act, either.

And why the f*ck can't we use the word "sl*t" on here??? :) When we can glorify BEING ONE in the middle of a super bowl!