• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity and Satan

savethedreams

I'm not sure if this was answered yet in other fourms, but doesn't a true satanist or Luciferian have to accept the concept of 'satan' in the bible to a certain degree?

I mean to me the bible is ********, all together, not true, false stories, not hyped up. So what if there was NO bible would there be a left-hand path society?

Mr. Cage

I'm not sure if this was answered yet in other fourms, but doesn't a true satanist or Luciferian have to accept the concept of 'satan' in the bible to a certain degree?

I mean to me the bible is ********, all together, not true, false stories, not hyped up. So what if there was NO bible would there be a left-hand path society?

Great questions. Ill love to begin, but i plan to leave room for everyone elses views and take on the questions. Im rather new to this particular forum and i think its only respectful to do so.

Now lets start to stratify a few points first. Lets look at the Left Hand Path as a tree trunk, if you will. The lhp is the foundation to the many branches of practice. They branch off in many directions whether it be Satanism, luciferian , setian, chuthulian, ect, ect which leaf Orders such as The Storm, Order of Anubis and the likes of Dragon Rouge.

So what we have here is the lhp as the structual foundation of these philosophies. Most who tread the lhp dont use the term worship for the goal and aim of the lhp ultimately is Self Deification where initiates use, for instance in Satanism and the Setian, will use Satan and Set as a role model. Most, to my knowledge, dont see these forces as anthropromorphic entities as the Judeo-Christian bible record.

The lhp would still flourish without the bibles existance, yes. Simply because its not sistered with the written word. But stemmed prior. Granted it was not dubbed lhp BCE. Tracess of its existance can be linked from the 2nd dynastic periods of Egypt.

In a nut shell the answers would be no on 1 and yes on 2.

As for Christianity and Satan? Lets say the whole christian foundation lies on the devils back. Hes kept it in business for 2010 years. Credit is due somewhere, no? Christianity needed a boogy man to throw the sleeping folk into the arms of the church. Instead they should have threw in an accountant, for some reason god just cant handle a buck.

Last edited:

Erebus

Not exactly, Satan is often used to describe an "anti-god" (Satan meaning accuser/adversary) and there are plenty of anti-gods to choose from (Ahriman, Set, Apophis etc). Without the Bible, the word Satan or Satanist may not be used, but the concepts it represents would very much remain.
Without ANY right hand path religions it's possible that the LHP might not exist in a religious context, but there would still be plenty of people following a LHP way of life (perhaps more so than there are now) since the LHP addresses humanity in it's natural form rather than artificially limiting it.

Orias

Left Hand Path

Heh, let me correctly inform you.

First of all lets separate Lucifer and Satan, because they are not the same.

And no, the practice of Satanism is largely the denial of the Christian text. You will find that most Satanists are in fact Atheists, in contrast to Anton LaVey's believes.

And yes, Satanism would still be if there had not been an RHP to exploit it falsely.

Satan is literal for the meaning of Opposition or Advesary. For all things have an Opposite, for one thing could not possibly exist without its Opposite (like light and darkness, bad and good, up and down, etc.).

Now, there is more to it that just that, but that should be enough for you to know the differences. If you wish I could "enlighten" you more :D

I'm going to be honest, I find Luciferians very silly...

They take the Christian bible as a literal interpretation of their own damnation, which they seek.

But what do I know...I could be wrong about Luciferians, but I haven't met anyone logical enough to speak otherwise.

fnord

Sorcerer

Accept? No.
Satan was created by the 3 abrahamic religions to serve as the 'bad guy'. Mythology understands (see Joseph Campbell) that there has to be some adversary to fight against or people lose interest. Consider the story of original sin in Genesis. God tells Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge but the serpent convinces Eve that doing so will make her wise. Reading this, as a kid, was a turning point for me. This is the point where one must either choose faith or to begin to dig deeper into things. Satan is a symbol, for me, of an educational pursuit to get to the truth of life without all of the shell games created by men to control other men.

I don't accept Satan/Lucifer etc as defined in the context of christianity. Satan is a willful turning away from all of it to seek my answers outside of the box.

So what if there was NO bible would there be a left-hand path society?
There would be no RIGHT hand path. People would use their intelligence to seek their own answers without the framework of the presupposed gobbledegook provided by the world's religions.