• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians claims re the gay agenda

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Can someone explain to me what the supposed gay agenda is supposed to be? I see it used all the time in anti gay articles and on forum threads. They are always pushing that the gay agenda needs to be fought like it is some huge conspiracy theory to make the world gay or something, but seem to fail in stating what the supposed gay agenda is.

Since I am gay I have the right to point out that if there is any kind of agenda as they say...it is for equality...what else would we possibly want? What reason is there to suspect that it is anything more than that? It seems that the word agenda is used when they want to strike the fear into people.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Can someone explain to me what the supposed gay agenda is supposed to be? I see it used all the time in anti gay articles and on forum threads. They are always pushing that the gay agenda needs to be fought like it is some huge conspiracy theory to make the world gay or something, but seem to fail in stating what the supposed gay agenda is.

Since I am gay I have the right to point out that if there is any kind of agenda as they say...it is for equality...what else would we possibly want? What reason is there to suspect that it is anything more than that? It seems that the word agenda is used when they want to strike the fear into people.

So true! So true!

Homophobes of all kinds are illogical and thoughtless.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
All agendas are evil, and anyone who has an agenda is evil, because there's no possible way to have a good agenda.

At least that seems to be the mind-processing that exists when people use the word "agenda" in the media.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well, I've had a look at that Homosexual Agenda book by Alan Sears and Craig Olsen and it was mostly just fears about "the family" and Christianity being subverted by angry mincing queens and bra-burning lesbians in Birkenstocks.

Of course, I'm both pansexual and transsexual so I suppose I'm an even bigger victim of this agenda than you are.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Sadly true. Do you find yourself a victim within the LGBT community as well?

Only online, personally. A lot of gay men are complete morons when it comes to this issue. At least some of the ones I know online. There's an old, worn-out contingent of radical feminist lesbians who out and out hate transsexuals but they're mostly old biddies and 3rd wave feminists distance themselves from them.

So there certainly is some in-fighting and misunderstanding within the LGBT community. Sometimes I really have to distance myself from lesbians to keep from getting thrown in with them and rebuff their advances.

Enai de a lukal

The "gay agenda" is the secret global conspiracy to grant equal rights to gays. The audacity of those homos, eh?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

The concept of a "gay agenda" is basically a manifestation of the desire to believe that homosexuality is malicious misbehavior - indeed, a conspiracy - and therefore can be legitimaly repressed without damage to one's conscience.

Far as I can tell, the concept keeps being used because so many people want so badly to believe that homosexuality will not ultimately be accepted as natural. It is truly sad that they fail to see the price they are demanding others to pay for their fear of social change.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The "gay agenda" is the secret global conspiracy to grant equal rights to gays. The audacity of those homos, eh?

Yeah. One would think people are people regardless of how or who they would like to... do certain things with.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

it seems that there is also the push for christians to stop teaching that homosexuality is wrong.

There is also the push to 'normalize' homosexuality as a normal and natural alternative to hetrosexuality.

What is really being asked is for christians to change their beliefs.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
it seems that there is also the push for christians to stop teaching that homosexuality is wrong.

There is also the push to 'normalize' homosexuality as a normal and natural alternative to hetrosexuality.

Christians can believe whatever they want. The issue is with enforcing their religious views as fact on the general public.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

You can still believe whatever you want, as I can continue to believe that Christianity is a strange, foreign alternative to the natural animism that's familiar to me.

Just keep those beliefs to yourself.

Enai de a lukal

No. What's being asked is that they tolerate the right of others to have beliefs that disagree with their own. And they act as if this is some unreasonable thing, and cry victim- as if it was their rights at stake, and not those of gays. Ridiculous and irrational.

Amandi

Well, I've had a look at that Homosexual Agenda book by Alan Sears and Craig Olsen and it was mostly just fears about "the family" and Christianity being subverted by angry mincing queens and bra-burning lesbians in Birkenstocks.

Of course, I'm both pansexual and transsexual so I suppose I'm an even bigger victim of this agenda than you are.

Hey, I am pansexual and transexual too. Well, not quite sure if I meet the definition of transexual but I am at least transgender working on being transexual. Close enough right? :shrug:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Christians can believe whatever they want. The issue is with enforcing their religious views as fact on the general public.

we can believe it, but we cant express it without being vilified and branded as homophobic when its not homophobia at all.

Its a conscience matter for me, so im not going to be told I can't express how I feel about a certain matter. i personally dont care what people choose to do...i just dont want to be told that I have to agree with it.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
we can believe it, but we cant express it without being vilified and branded as homophobic when its not homophobia at all.

Its a conscience matter for me, so im not going to be told I can't express how I feel about a certain matter. i personally dont care what people choose to do...i just dont want to be told that I have to agree with it.

You can express how you feel all you want (as others can express how they feel about your opinions all they want.)

What you can't do is actually force people, directly or indirectly through the law, to conform to your own ideas of relationships.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Of course there is. Why would you expect otherwise?

That however I don't understand. Homosexuality does not need to become what it already is.

Yes. As they did about slavery and divorce, among so many other things.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
From what I have heard a lot of it seems to involve the rather widespread and significant perception (of such people) that homosexuals are attempting to expand their ranks (and I suppose bisexuals too, though that is seldom what they talk about) to recruit more people to be homo/bisexual (this is why 'promotion' of homosexuality is illegal in many nations, whatever promotion means in such a context - they have this bizzare and strongly held belief that homosexuals are attempting to make people gay - though terminology such as 'turning' serves to assist this misconception); in doing so to undermine the wonder that is hetrosexuality and its well deserved privileges in society which will lead to the breakdown of all interpersonal relationships (from marriage, to family, to members of the same sport club) and the effects on society itself - a descent into sin which will destroy the souls and futures of our children and doom us all to hell.

Or some frothing at the mouth nonsense like that.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes. As they did about slavery and divorce, among so many other things.

i cant change what my conscience tells me. Human Rights laws uphold matters of conscience and its when people are forced to change their conscience that human rights are really violated.