• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians claims re the gay agenda

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
we can believe it, but we cant express it without being vilified and branded as homophobic when its not homophobia at all.

I agree that the term homphobic is overused and applied in situations and in people where it is not granted.

...i just dont want to be told that I have to agree with it.

In my personal opinion, you dont have to agree with it. I am fine with you not agreeing with it just as long as you dont expect me to not agree with it also.

i cant change what my conscience tells me. Human Rights laws uphold matters of conscience and its when people are forced to change their conscience that human rights are really violated.

I cannot change what my conscience tells me either. Equal rights for all regardless of race, religion or gender.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Homosexuality is included in those human rights laws.

You see, my conscience tells me that homosexuality is perfectly normal and should be regarded as such by the law.

I like your conscience.

to claim someone is 'homophobic' because they dont agree is a bullying tactic.

I dont think it is a bullying tactic, I think it is more a case of political correctness and fear of homophobia.

Oh and FYI, homophobia is about hatred as well as fear :)

"Gay Agenda"...I hate that dumb term. It's akin to "baby momma". A person just sounds unintelligent when they say it.

I can never take anyone seriously that uses the term gay agenda

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I give you another example of when some said to me he wouldn't mind being friends with a gay man as long as they don't speak about being gay with him, I tried to explain why that was homophobic. He then said "so would you be comfortable with a lesbian friend telling you she likes having oral sex with women ?"(

Wow. Just wow. There seems to be this concept that we cannot stop talking about oral sex...Someone go ask my christian bestie if I ever talk about sex. She would be horrified at this question.

yes, I support the right of a church not to marry gay people if they don't want to for example, as long as gay people can get married secularly.

Me too.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I'm not sure that one can have much productive discussion with those who hold that certain segments of society deserve unequal treatment under the law, on the basis of their gender/sexual preference/race/age/etc. - so what exactly are we losing when we call things that quack and waddle "ducks" here? The problem is that, most of the time, when the anti-gay crowd cry victim for being construed as bigots or homophobes- they are being bigots and/or homophobes. Sometimes diplomacy merely for diplomacy's sake gets you nowhere.

I find it insulting when the anti-gay crowd cry victim when there are real victims of the anti-gay crowd. Gay people dont beat and bully themselves...

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I give you another example of when some said to me he wouldn't mind being friends with a gay man as long as they don't speak about being gay with him, I tried to explain why that was homophobic ... [snip]
See this is what I dont get. If a friend (male or female) were interested in me that would make me feel awkward in their company (and perhaps even seek to avoid them as a result), but so long as they aren't interested in me - what do I care?

I wouldnt not want to hear about a friend's sex life regardless if (s)he was heterosexual or homosexual; okay tbh maybe if I found them or their partner incredibly desirable I might be curious (though were I in their shoes, that curiosity would probably creep me out).

averageJOE

zombie
See this is what I dont get. If a friend (male or female) were interested in me that would make me feel awkward in their company (and perhaps even seek to avoid them as a result), but so long as they aren't interested in me - what do I care?

I wouldnt not want to hear about a friend's sex life regardless if (s)he was heterosexual or homosexual; okay tbh maybe if I found them or their partner incredibly desirable I might be curious (though were I in their shoes, that curiosity would probably creep me out).

And this is what I don't get. Do you just pretend that everyone is asexual? Knowing someone is homosexual isn't the same as knowing their sex life.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

You don't have to talk about sex for your orientation to come up in conversation:

"What are you doing this weekend?"
"My wife got us tickets to a concert."

"Want to come visit our new baby?"
"Oh... my boyfriend's sick, so I should wait until I'm sure I'm not infected too."

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
And this is what I don't get. Do you just pretend that everyone is asexual? Knowing someone is homosexual isn't the same as knowing their sex life.
If I am not having (and do not desire to have) sex with them (and I believe vice versa), I really dont care what their sexual orientation is.

Functionally yeah - they are effectively asexual in my considerations, because it doesnt concern me either way.

You don't have to talk about sex for your orientation to come up in conversation:
Ummm I am not sure why this should matter to me. I realize that orientation can come up in tangential ways, but seriously, if hearing that phrase creeps you out depending on the gender of the person who said that... Not much more needs to be said about the mindset that produces such a statement, intolerance may not necessarily manifest into behavior (they may ACT tolerantly) yet it is clear that at least their subconscious (possibly also conscious) mind is indeed bigoted at some level. Now clearly that is a less problematic level of bigotry than the individual who spreads rumors about them, or graffiti's their car, or assaults them - yet it remains bigotry; and as I began my last post "See this is what I dont get," I do not understand how orientation prompts such reactions.

Last edited:

averageJOE

zombie
If I am not having (and do not desire to have) sex with them (and I believe vice versa), I really dont care what their sexual orientation is.

Functionally yeah - they are effectively asexual in my considerations, because it doesnt concern me either way.

I can see it now...
Person: "Red Lobster is my wife's favorite place to eat."
You: "Ewww! Ewww! I don't want to know that about you and your sex life!!"