• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cochabamba Bolivia Temple

Bishka

Veteran Member
Cochabamba Bolivia Temple
Announcement: 13 January 1995
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 10 November 1996 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Public Open House: 18–22 April 2000
Dedication: 30 April 2000 by Gordon B. Hinckley

5303_cochabambaBOL_hr.jpg

cochabamba_lds_mormon_temple.jpg

Temple10.jpg

Bishka

Veteran Member
History
At the groundbreaking ceremony, President Gordon B. Hinckley urged members to righteousness. "Get a temple recommend now,'' he said. "Be worthy of a temple recommend now. If you are not worthy, get yourselves worthy. You won't be able to go to the temple here for at least two years.

But let that temple recommend be a reminder of that to which you look forward. And we will come and dedicate this sacred building. And it will bless your lives. We will then be able to have a temple in the nation of Bolivia. You will no longer have to go all the way to Lima, Peru.

What a marvelous and wonderful thing that will be, my brothers and sisters. May God bless you, every one. Please know of our great love for you and of our prayers in your behalf. We will look forward to seeing you in about two years when this magnificent building will be dedicated as the House of the Lord" (Church News, 23 November 1996).

Cochabamba Temple at Night

cochabamba_lds_mormon_templeas.jpg

Celestial Room in Cochabamba Temple
celestial-room-cocha.jpg

Arabis

see me run
My one year old just said "pretty" while I was looking at the pictures. I have to agree. How exciting to have another temple in South America for those that live near by.