• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cohen's third client is revealed:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just put on FOX News. This story only broke about 20 minutes ago, how long do you think that they will discuss this rather large "elephant"?

Thermos aquaticus

I have a feeling that the lawyers for Stormy Daniels are busy going over everything that Sean Hannity has said on air to see if there is a possibility for a defamation case. If Hannity knowingly lied about Stormy Daniels in order to discredit her, she may have a case.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And roughly an hour after the story broke we have a statement from Sean Hannity. As soon as I get a link so that one can read it I will post it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
When Sean Hannity “reports” or comments on news stories that involve Michael Cohen without revealing that he has a relationship with Cohen that’s is a clear conflict of interest. When Hannity defends Cohen concerning the Stormy Daniels issue or when Hannity says that it was inappropriate for the FBI to raid Cohen’ office he should at least reveal that Cohen is his attorney.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

"We have been friends a long time. I have sought legal advice from Michael," Hannity told the Wall Street Journal. BuzzFeed News has reached out to Fox News for comment.
On his radio show, which was in progress as the news came out, Hannity said that Cohen never represented him in any actual case.
"I never used Michael in any case that involved me and a third party," he said. "We definitely had attorney-client privilege because I asked him for that."
Explaining the nature of their engagement, Hannity said, "I've never retained him in the traditional sense. I've never received an invoice from Michael — never paid legal fees. We occasionally had discussions about legal matters where I wanted his input and perspective. ... I like to have people I can run questions by."

Michael Cohen Also Has Represented Sean Hannity, Cohen's Lawyers Announce In Court

Yet why would he be considered a client which had to be named?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When Sean Hannity “reports” or comments on news stories that involve Michael Cohen without revealing that he has a relationship with Cohen that’s is a clear conflict of interest. When Hannity defends Cohen concerning the Stormy Daniels issue or when Hannity says that it was inappropriate for the FBI to raid Cohen’ office he should at least reveal that Cohen is his attorney.
We have a winner. That's exactly the point here.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting. Watching FOX News and Judge Andrew Napalotino explains why Cohen released Hannity's name and how Sean's denial harms Cohen's case. Cohen was thought not to be a "real lawyer" by the judge interviewing him and forced him to release his client list. Cohen may not have privilege at all according to Judge Wood.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"We have been friends a long time. I have sought legal advice from Michael," Hannity told the Wall Street Journal. BuzzFeed News has reached out to Fox News for comment.
On his radio show, which was in progress as the news came out, Hannity said that Cohen never represented him in any actual case.
"I never used Michael in any case that involved me and a third party," he said. "We definitely had attorney-client privilege because I asked him for that."
Explaining the nature of their engagement, Hannity said, "I've never retained him in the traditional sense. I've never received an invoice from Michael — never paid legal fees. We occasionally had discussions about legal matters where I wanted his input and perspective. ... I like to have people I can run questions by."

Michael Cohen Also Has Represented Sean Hannity, Cohen's Lawyers Announce In Court

Yet why would he be considered a client which had to be named?

Thank you for the quote. It appears according to FOX's legal analyst that Cohen's work for Trump was threatened with not being privileged at all. He was essentially force to give up Hannity. Napolitano is saying that Trump is probably very nervous about this.

When even FOX is not supporting Trump it is beginning to look bad. But not to worry, they followed it up with an "But Hillary" segment.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Shocking that FoxNews would be on Trumps payroll. Explains Hannity's relentless spreading of fake news and defending of Trump. Especially with all his deep state rhetoric which Trump also uses often, ROFL. That is freaking hilarious.
I hope to see Wayne LaPierre and the NRA caught up in this web. They're all working with each other.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Shocking that FoxNews would be on Trumps payroll. Explains Hannity's relentless spreading of fake news and defending of Trump. Especially with all his deep state rhetoric which Trump also uses often, ROFL. That is freaking hilarious.

I would say "disappointing". I used to enjoy FOX News when the media was far more to the left. Sadly as the media righted its course FOX went off the deep end to the right.