• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Powell resigns

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The administration's only political moderate resigns. Rumsfeld reported to be doing a happy dance. What does this bode for the future?

huajiro

Sunstone said:
The administration's only political moderate resigns. Rumsfeld reported to be doing a happy dance. What does this bode for the future?
Now that man would have had my vote.

My coworker (who is a die-hard Bush supporter) made the statement "we don't need him anyway". Do you see a certain scary mentality here?:eek:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wonder what effect Powell's resignation might have on the Middle-Eastern peace process? With Arafat dead, the next secretary of state might have an historic opportunity to work for peace.

linwood

Sunstone said:
I wonder what effect Powell's resignation might have on the Middle-Eastern peace process? With Arafat dead, the next secretary of state might have an historic opportunity to work for peace.
I had begun to think that Powell might stick it out for that reason if no other but like Maize said.."Can you blame him?"

I was po`d at Powell about the UN presentation prior to the Iraqi war because even I knew much of what he was saying were lies and I had alot of respect for him before that.

I was willing to chalk it up to his being misinformed and static considering the environment he was in when he apologised for the presentation after the 9/11 commission report came out.

He`d have my vote as well.

linwood

How often has this happened before?
All the cabinet level resignations in the past two weeks?

I know there are usually some resignations because some people just want the stress to end under a two term President but is this amount uncommon?

What have there been 6-7?
Someone clue me in.

linwood

I just noticed he was replaced by Condi.

Sunstone It`s a safe bet that historic opportunity you spoke of about mid-east peace will slip through her fingers in the first week of her new post.

Hell in a handbag

Lightkeeper

I don't think this is a new decision for Powell. I heard the rumor over a year ago that he wasn't going to do another four years.

a2ndson

I think Powell regrets ever being associated with bush and couldn't wait to resign. As for condi rice, if you pay close attention you can see the strings that the puppetmaster uses.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
a2ndson said:
I think Powell regrets ever being associated with bush and couldn't wait to resign.
Funny thing - I've often felt like this was the case. I think Powell is far and away the most intelligent/worldy person in the Bush administration. There were times during the last four years when he appeared to have a look on his face that said "I'm not really with these guys - I'm just up here on the podium."

I hate it that he won't be staying onboard - to me, he was the only steadying influence in that group. I'd love to see him run for the nomination of either party - I think he'd win in a landslide.

TVOR