• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communism and Capitalism in the 1st Chapter of the Quran

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Assalamualaikum.

The first chapter of the Holy Quran, Surah Fatihah, is such a Surah extensive and in depth treasures of knowledge can be written about it. I tried in the past to show some of these treasures when I gave some Tafseer (commentaries) I had read about Alhamdolillah. These were viewed but got no positive or negative reception. I never understood why. Maybe it did not interest anyone. I don't know. I certainly hope not.

In any case here I will attempt to display the how the principles of Communism and Capatalism are mentioned in the Quran and how the weakness of both is also shown.

The attribute of Ar-Rahman refers to the God who is Most Gracious. Ar-Rahman refers to the God who gives without asking. No amount of effort on the part of the recepient of generosity can be said to have contributed to his receiving the generosity. So, for example, no human can claim to have earned the sun. Or the moon or rain or clouds. No human can claim to have earned the love of his mother. And so much more.

So, in summary, the many blessings of God we receive from Him out of His generosity and not without us putting any effort to earn them are from His attribute of Ar-Rahman. And one sees that all sorts of people benefit from these generosities. Regardless of the human being evil or good God's attribute of Ar-Rahman reaches all without discrimination.

I will discuss Ar-Raheem in the next post and follow that with both their application to the economic systems mentioned above.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Ar-Raheem refers to the Ever Merciful God. It contains the notion of reward and, by nature, asks for some human effort. Therefore, fruits humans bear after putting in some effort come to us because of the Raheem God. The question arises that if we put effort into it how does it become God's doing. The answer is that our efforts make up for a very short and insignificant, yet necessary part of the entire process. So, for example, a farmer who works hard on his crops would not have had a good harvest had he not worked hard. Yet the growing of the seed, the rain, sun, photosynthesis and infinite processes involved in growing of a harvest were out of the farmer's control and, therefore, the final product was far less a result of his labor and far more a result of everything else going according to plan.

Therefore, The Raheem God refers to the God that rewards us according to our hard work. And the reward is far far more than our hard work deserves but it still requires our hard work. The amount of Raheem attribute experienced varies from person to person depending on the effort put in.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The key point being that Rahman includes Communism while Raheem includes Capitalism.
I think that breaks down a little. In communism you still work but the rewards are supposedly evenly divided. Communism hasn't worked that way in Russia and isn't working that way in China because there are people who are rewarded more than others as in the case of a gymnast being given a house in China.

Interstingly enough in the Kingdom of God it is neither Capitalism nor Communism. In Capitalism the employer gains from the work of his employees but in the KOG everyman reaps the benefits of his own labor.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
I think that breaks down a little. In communism you still work but the rewards are supposedly evenly divided.
You can nitpick as much as you want. The point is that Communism gives you a certain amount and everyone the same. The amount given is not a reward for your work but more an attempt at complete equity. The concept of harder worker getting more is not there and so is the case with our Rahman God who gives regardless of the effort involved. Of course, I am sure practically a person has to do something to earn something in a Communist country ... but the basic property is the same.

The Kingdom of God is both Rahman and Raheem. God gives us without reason (Rahman). And additionally, God rewards us for our effort as well (Raheem). Of course, from inference if God rewards us for our extra effort God also punishes us for the lack thereof (Malik-e-Yaumiddeen or Master of the Day of Judgement. That is the next verse of the Quran in Surah Fatihah).

RabbilAlameen (Lord of the Worlds)
Ar-Rahman (Most Gracious)
Ar-Raheem (Every Merciful)
Malik-e-Yaumiddeen (Master of the Day of Judgement)

And the Islamic economic system is a mix of both Rahman and Raheem (and Malik-e-Yaumiddeen for justice, reward and punishment for criminals). But additionally, the Islamic economic system requires humans to give charity willingly. The system imposes Zakat (like taxation). But over and above that the system does not impose but Muslims are required to give charity of their own free will to the poor. This ensures continous circulation of money and tries to reduce the great inequalities of income that capitalism suffers from.

In capitalism this circulation is attempted at using an interest-based borrowing system which I have explained the terrible harms off in another thread. But Islam loans without interest and, moreover, Muslims are admonished to give charity to do the circulation.