• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Connecticut

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
I don't know if this is a good place to post this, but here goes..

Is anyone here a member of a UU church in Connecticut? Or know of anyone?

I have been wanting to check out the local UU church but, I haven't been to ANY church in so long that I feel as though I am an intruder or something whenever I go to one. This makes me very uncomfortable walking into a church where I don't know anyone, the discomfort level goes waaay up.

Thanks.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
mostly harmless said:
I don't know if this is a good place to post this, but here goes..

Is anyone here a member of a UU church in Connecticut? Or know of anyone?

I have been wanting to check out the local UU church but, I haven't been to ANY church in so long that I feel as though I am an intruder or something whenever I go to one. This makes me very uncomfortable walking into a church where I don't know anyone, the discomfort level goes waaay up.

Thanks.
Hi mostly harmless, :)

Sorry, I don't know anyone who is a member of a UU congregation in CT. I can ask around.

I totally understand your discomfort. It's hard enough to go into a church as a visitor even under the best of circumstances - people there all know each other, you're the outsider, you don't want people to be pushy but you also don't want to be ignored... (at least those are the feelings that I've had). It's even harder when one hasn't been to a church in a long time.

I really wish I could help you! As I said, I'll ask around. And hopefully someone else here knows someone.