• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

contains image not suitable for all members -- alligator attack

attackt600cq6.jpg

This happened right in the town where I live on Sunday -- people are like totally everywhere with cameras these days -- so much so that they can get images like this -- its amazing to me that this person taking the pictures wasnt doing anything to help -- maybe they were I was not there but I couldnt believe this picture -- seems so unbelievable but there it is -- the poor man -- they did try to re-attach his arm but I havent heard if it worked -- Beware where you are swimming -- never know what is lurking in the water -- especially when you swim in their territory

its crazy to think the alligator was just swimming around like that -- with an arm out of his mouth -- amazing how easy it is to snap a limb off a human

A

angellous_evangellous

Wow. The gator was killed, right? Can you attach a news report link?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Do they always kill gators that attack people?

I know certain animals (say a lion in Africa) learn and continue to prey on something they either attacked or just ate. I'm just curious if that's the case with gators?

A

angellous_evangellous

Do they always kill gators that attack people?

I know certain animals (say a lion in Africa) learn and continue to prey on something they either attacked or just ate. I'm just curious if that's the case with gators?

That's why I am asking. It seems like common sense to me, but there's always someone to protest something as simple as that.

ayani

oh, that's terrible! the poor guy! that must be painful as all heck. any words on how he's doing?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
To answer your question, ANY gator that shows aggression to humans is trapped and killed. There have been estimates of anywhere of a half million or more gators living in Florida's waterways. Any gator over 8 feet long can be deadly, and any gator who has been fed has probably LOST their natural fear of humans.

It's almost impossible to find a body of water in Florida that does not have at least one resident gator. They especially love to dine on yippy little dogs.

Scuba Pete

There ain't nuthin' greater... than a

GATOR!!!

But, PLEASE be careful with the real things!

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
To answer your question, ANY gator that shows aggression to humans is trapped and killed. There have been estimates of anywhere of a half million or more gators living in Florida's waterways. Any gator over 8 feet long can be deadly, and any gator who has been fed has probably LOST their natural fear of humans.

The poor alligators, it's a shame they have to be killed, I hate reading things like that.

Scuba Pete

In 2006, the Florida Wildlife Commission received more than 21,000 nuisance alligator complaints. Nuisance alligator trappers were issued over 19,000 permits and tags and removed more than 11,000 nuisance alligators.

Should you encounter an alligator 4ft or longer that you feel is a menace to you or your pets, please call +18663924286.

jacquie4000

It's almost impossible to find a body of water in Florida that does not have at least one resident gator. They especially love to dine on yippy little dogs.

Especially on Golf courses....I am not kidding either.

jacquie4000

We don't call them water hazards for nothing! :D

Yeah we were golfing once and the guy lost his dog on the course later a huge gator strolled by. I pretty sure the dog was a snack, poor thing.:eek: But why did he bring that tiny thing on the course? We never found the little guy.

A

angellous_evangellous

Send suma dem gaters ova here!

Scuba Pete

Welcome to Florida: Please beware of the:

Alligators
Bears
Bob Cats
Bull Sharks
Cane Break Rattlesnakes
Copperhead
Coral Snake
Cottonmouth Moccasins
Crocodiles
Eastern Diamond Back Rattlesnake
Great White Sharks
Hammerhead Sharks
Lemon Sharks
Mako Sharks
Panthers
Pygmy Rattlesnakes
Spinner Sharks

People have died from each and everyone of these creatures. I might have missed one or two, and did not list those that caused death to anaphylactic shock (bristle worms, wasps & bees). Approach at your own peril

Hope

Princesinha

Alligators
Bears
Bob Cats
Bull Sharks
Cane Break Rattlesnakes
Copperhead
Coral Snake
Cottonmouth Moccasins
Crocodiles
Great White Sharks
Hammerhead Sharks
Lemon Sharks
Mako Sharks
Panthers
Pygmy Rattlesnakes
Spinner Sharks

People have died from each and everyone of these creatures. I might have missed one or two, and did not list those that caused death to anaphylactic shock (bristle worms, wasps & bees). Approach at your own peril

Ah, I love Florida! :D

My uncle in Naples was bitten by a coral snake, after mistaking it for its harmless look-alike (the king snake??), and picking it up. He also has pics of a seven-foot gator that strolled into his back yard one day.

My dad lived in Florida in his younger years, and loves to tell his tale of "gator-napping." He and a friend caught a gator, stuffed it in the trunk of their car, and got caught by police. He claims his is the only (or maybe the first) instance of "gator-napping" in the country. He still has the newspaper article. :p

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants

Alligators
Bears
Bob Cats
Bull Sharks
Cane Break Rattlesnakes
Copperhead
Coral Snake
Cottonmouth Moccasins
Crocodiles
Great White Sharks
Hammerhead Sharks
Lemon Sharks
Mako Sharks
Panthers
Pygmy Rattlesnakes
Spinner Sharks

I thought only alligators were in Florida? Not Crocs... :confused: