• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conversations with God series

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Anyone else read these books and what did you think? I read them a few years ago, they helped me thru some spiritual questions I was having at the time.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Anyone else read these books and what did you think? I read them a few years ago, they helped me thru some spiritual questions I was having at the time.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Maize,

Neil Donald Walsh’s series was given to me by a co-worker who was editing my HELLO IT’S ME: An interview with GOD manuscript. I gave my book to her to CORRECT the spelling and grammar because she was an English major and was taking some creative writing courses in college. After reading my book she was very excited and insisted that I read the series. I was amazed and disappointed at the same time. I was amazed (as she was) that the information that was presented in these books was the same information (almost word for word) that I was given from the Being that I was conversing with but at the same time I was a little disappointed that I could very well be publishing something that was already covered by another author. There were enough reasons to go ahead and publish my book. After all Neal Donald Walsh and I are two very different people with very different backgrounds. I leaned more toward religious questions and my general interests. I just thought that the most interesting fact about our books was that GOD is consistent in his TRUTHs but handled the two REALationships differently. Though Walsh’s books were somewhat written intellectually, my book comes off like GOD for Dummies. There were a few things that I had a hard time agreeing with but overall I enjoyed the series but I thought it went on for too long. There were at least 3 books in the conversation series and then there was a Friendship With GOD and I hear he is still producing various other books in the series and is also answering questions for other people (which I did in the Dear GOD chapter of my book several years ago). It became clear to me after the third book in the “Conversation” series that Walsh should have promoted the fact that everyone could talk to GOD and everyone could document their own writings with GOD. I would enjoy reading about other peoples REALationships with GOD rather than just one author’s perspective. Overall the series was enjoyable and is a strong step towards validating my REALationship with GOD. I am also a bit amazed that for a book that has enjoyed such bestseller status that you have not received more responses from this thread. Maize what were your feelings about this series?

chuck010342

I never heard about them. They sound interesting but with all the mass quantities of books I have to read I don't have time right now