• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Women Be Misogynistic?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Recently, I have been thinking about possible explanations for why some women seem to think of women as inferior to men in different aspects, such as intelligence, ability to employ logical reasoning in different situations, and working outside the household, among other things. I've also been wondering about possible reasons for some women's support of misogynistic laws and institutional gender-based discrimination in society, as well as their resistance to any attempts to change the status quo.

Do you think some women could be genuinely misogynistic? That is, could they be actively biased against their own gender out of hatred or contempt rather than positive intentions that are merely misguided? And if so, then what do you think are possible explanations for such bias?

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yes I believe they can be and I have met many of them.If you are a Christian you bump into a lot of them actually.

We have a name for them but I'm not calling names. ;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The explanations? They hate their mothers. They hate themselves .(because they are female) they hate females. Period.These types separate themselves from "other " females".

They believe in a "strict" difference in males and females they aren't about we are equal.They are about how different we are and females suck and the poor man has to deal with "us".But they realize it and try and be "good females" by cutting down their gender as a whole.And sympathizing with the man plight.(dealing with females.) /They aren't "like the rest".

Dove

Do you think some women could be genuinely misogynistic? That is, could they be actively biased against their own gender out of hatred or contempt rather than positive intentions that are merely misguided? And if so, then what do you think are possible explanations for such bias?

Some women just like being women and don't want to be men.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The explanations? They hate their mothers. They hate themselves .(because they are female) they hate females. Period.These types separate themselves from "other " females".

They believe in a "strict" difference in males and females they aren't about we are equal.They are about how different we are and females suck and the poor man has to deal with "us".But they realize it and try and be "good females" by cutting down their gender as a whole.And sympathizing with the man plight.(dealing with females.) /They aren't "like the rest".

Would you say that their apparent misogyny stems from sincerely believing that submitting to men and encouraging a male-dominated social structure is in the best interests of women, or does it stem from wanting to "put women in their place" due to contempt for them?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Would you say that their apparent misogyny stems from sincerely believing that submitting to men and encouraging a male-dominated social structure is in the best interests of women, or does it stem from wanting to "put women in their place" due to contempt for them?

My experience is they thoroughly hate women.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My experience is they thoroughly hate women.

I see. That sounds unfortunate.

Have you met any women whom you would describe as misogynstic but whose views aren't necessarily rooted in genuine hatred (like what I mentioned about misguided positive intentions)?

Dove

NO..the misogynistic women hate being women they hate other women.Their self worth is being accepted by men who hate women.They are self abaser's.

The majority of women hate other women because they view other women as their competition. :confused:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Sure, I've known plenty of women who 1. hate being women and 2. hate other women. I knew a few of them while I was serving in the Navy. I should say they hated feminine women (so they said). I didn't really hang around with them so I never got any insight into it.

Wherenextcolumbus

Both, as in you get some women who generally hate women and some who think women are better off being lead by men.

Dove

Does "being women" have to entail viewing their own gender as inferior to males?

I don't think so. I don't feel inferior to males, but I believe in traditional gender roles.

Men and women are equal in status, but different. I'd rather not be masculine.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Both, as in you get some women who generally hate women and some who think women are better off being lead by men.

The true misogynist women I have met? HATE women.So they try to buddy up to men. I have met about 30 or so of them.

Its not competition.They hate females they hate they are females.They are self degrading.As a gender.