• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists: What happened to all the Dino's?

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
Were they all slain, if so, by whom?

I saw a show about a cool Christian amusement park, which had a display of children playing alongside raptors and other dinosaurs!!!!!

I wish I lived back then.

Rakhel

What happened to them?
I have no honest idea It's possible they all died in a massive flood when the ice age ended. I wasn't there.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

I saw a show about a cool Christian amusement park, which had a display of children playing alongside raptors and other dinosaurs!!!!!

They never existed (have you ever seen one?). Fossils are just random accumulations of accretions.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
They never existed (have you ever seen one?). Fossils are just random accumulations of accretions.

No I haven't seen one, which is why I asked, but apparently many Christians believe they existed and many children played alongside them as if they were kin.

Accumulations of accretions: It's hard to believe that claim because the same species of dinosaur's have been found many times over in different parts of the earth. The chance of accretion would be in the zillions.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
No I haven't seen one, which is why I asked, but apparently many Christians believe they existed and many children played alongside them as if they were kin.
I never read that in the Bible.

Accumulations of accretions: It's hard to believe that claim because the same species of dinosaur's have been found many times over in different parts of the earth. The chance of accretion would be in the zillions.
But there here so it must have happened.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
jesus-dinosaur.jpg

Feldurmac

Dinosuars co-existing with dinos is not biblical at all, very true.

The fact is that many 'christians' believe the world is only what 10,000 years old... and that's a load I agree. The problem comes in the fact that they literally interpret the creation as a 7 day process for one. I won't go into detail about that since its not the focus of your thread.

Also an interesting note is that in ancient Jewish literature they catologued things different. Let's say my name is Bob, my son is Larry, and his son is Tom. I was important to the Jewish community, so was Tom... Larry was just an ordinary bloke.

So a Jewish lineage writing would have said Bob begot Tom... in fact Bob really begot Larry who begot Tom.. but Larry wasn't worth mentioning since he did nothing of major notice.. that's another way that the 10,000 year thing was developed... the problem with most Christians is they must take everything around them for 100% without further researching the matter.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Raptors are birds.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The crocodilians and turtles are reptiles, and they predate dinosaurs.

People started equating raptors with dinosaurs after a movie came out in which the characters refered to a group of velociraptors (and the beasts depicted were clearly not velociraptor, by the way) as " 'raptors"

Real raptors are birds of prey.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
fantôme profane;1485027 said:
I saw that show. I think it was called “The Flintstones”.

creation.jpg

Creation_Museum.jpg

Here is a picture of this museum or zoo, or whatever the creationist christians have labeled it.