• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CRI statement CPO208/Globaisation

Leiam

Have just read statement CPO208 online. The conclusions seem spiritually niave if not infantile, in assuming the inspiration of the Infinate is tied to the literal understanding so favoured by religious fundamentalists. Of a sort that lays seige to then hi-jacks the Faith of others to the cause of so much strife or conflict, but little real progress.

:banghead3 What such are building is not a 'kingdom of heaven', but yet another Rome. To oppress and exploit all for their own excusive advantage, as though a parent would place most of his children in that relationship to a more favoured few.

A more authentic voice of balanced understanding would be that of Dr Martin Luther King, a man imbued with a spirit of Faith. Not hiding behind a rhetoric that shows niether sympathy with nor understanding of the inspired Word of scripture or Gospel.

Eynah

Leiam said:
Have just read statement CPO208 online. The conclusions seem spiritually niave if not infantile, in assuming the inspiration of the Infinate is tied to the literal understanding so favoured by religious fundamentalists. Of a sort that lays seige to then hi-jacks the Faith of others to the cause of so much strife or conflict, but little real progress.

:banghead3 What such are building is not a 'kingdom of heaven', but yet another Rome. To oppress and exploit all for their own excusive advantage, as though a parent would place most of his children in that relationship to a more favoured few.

A more authentic voice of balanced understanding would be that of Dr Martin Luther King, a man imbued with a spirit of Faith. Not hiding behind a rhetoric that shows niether sympathy with nor understanding of the inspired Word of scripture or Gospel.

First of all, welcome to the forums. Secondly, would you mind sending a link to this CPO208? I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Leiam said:

Hi Leiam,

As I notice that this is your first visit here, I thought I would take the opportunity to welcome you to Religious Forums;

I hope that you would feel able to introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, by posting on:- Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to look at.

I hope you will enjoy being a member here. ;)