• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's "origin of species" is Biblical?

questfortruth

The author has written that the Supernatural Creator has made 4 or 5 original beings (using the wonder of Creation), from which all the planet's life forms have come.

But today's Evolution Theory says there has been only one being whose appearance was random matter fluctuations.

Last edited:

Pogo

All life on Earth—including humanity—shares a last universal common ancestor (LUCA),[9][10][11] which lived approximately 3.5–3.8 billion years ago.[12]

Yup, that seems to be what god's creation says in the creation he made, though it admittedly is not how some interpret a book written for a pre-scientific audience. Most Christians have learned to understand the evidence for how he created and interpret the book accordingly.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The author has written that the Supernatural Creator has made 4 or 5 original beings (using the wonder of Creation), from which all the planet's life forms have come.

But today's Evolution Theory says there has been only one being whose appearance was random matter fluctuations.
How did you arrive at 4 or 5?

Usually, we deal here with Biblical YEC who claim that all the original animals were created.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Darwin didn't know about DNA. He predicted that there must be something in the cells that transferred inheritance and could vary, but the exact mechanism was unknown.
The discovery of DNA led to the conclusion of a (one) common ancestor, since DNA has the exact basic form in all life.
There may have been other forms of life, not based on the same DNA, but they must have died out before they could leave fossils.

Pogo

It is written in his book "origin of species."
That would have been speculation on the origin of life itself which is neither the topic or relevant to the book itself which is about how living organisms change over time.
The conclusion of modern research that there was a LUCA, Last Universal Common Ancestor does not preclude multiple life forms that either died out or combined into this LUCA.
Darwin basically got it right 160+ years ago
All existing creatures, he argued, descended from a small number of original or progenitor species. Darwin compared the history of life to a great tree, its trunk representing these few common ancestors and an extensive system of branches and twigs symbolizing the great variety of life that has evolved from them.Feb 4, 2009 Pew Research

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

I'm still trying to make sense of your post.

You start by saying "the author." What author? What book? Your sentence lacks context. Apparently some author somewhere in some book has written that God made 4-5 original beings from which all other life descends. But you provide no link to this. How do we know you aren't just making it up?

Next, I have no idea what you mean by "random matter fluctuations." I believe that there is something called Quantum Fluctuations, but this has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.

IndigoChild5559

Darwin didn't know about DNA. He predicted that there must be something in the cells that transferred inheritance and could vary, but the exact mechanism was unknown.
The discovery of DNA led to the conclusion of a (one) common ancestor, since DNA has the exact basic form in all life.
There may have been other forms of life, not based on the same DNA, but they must have died out before they could leave fossils.
Well said.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm still trying to make sense of your post.
I had the same problem.
You start by saying "the author." What author? What book? Your sentence lacks context.
The context is the headline. The author is Darwin, the book is Origin of Species.

I first thought with "the author" they meant themselves.
Next, I have no idea what you mean by "random matter fluctuations." I believe that there is something called Quantum Fluctuations, but this has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.
It's more like Brownian motion, chemicals in solution randomly finding together to form bigger molecules.

IndigoChild5559

I had the same problem.

The context is the headline. The author is Darwin, the book is Origin of Species.

I first thought with "the author" they meant themselves.

It's more like Brownian motion, chemicals in solution randomly finding together to form bigger molecules.
Ahhhhh I see. thanks