• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating, the church, being single

Riders

Yea well my sister always says,even though she cant stand church, she would like for her son who is 31 cant find a woman to go to church and try to find a wife. Although I think its bad idea for him because hes not even Christian. I mean my sister tells him that it doesn't make a difference that you don't believe like them just go, because their are nice girls there.

I disagree with that. However I do agree with the idea of turning to my church instead of the internet . Its a good place for singles. I have on guy friend from church who is platonic.Weve been cuddling buddies in the past, we maybe in the future not sure but were not a couple.

But I joined the UU singles group at facebook and I found a man and were having a platonic friendship though chat at facebook its really nice nice nice.

In the end though, when I go to church, Im way less lonely, we have events like scary movie night every 2 months, and drum jams, other stuff where I socialize with my church and it helps a lot. It would be nice some day if I met that right person, but if I don't Im ok because I get to fellowship with my church.

SO I recommend either church or Temple or whatever belief system you have if your single to utilize your religious services, if you cant find someone to date at leaste your not alone.

The thing is though I don't know about other religions but the UU church is a lot like the Christian church though in that only the UU churches have singles groups ours doesn't but yet I still know there are singles to socialize with so. I guess the bigger churches have singles groups.