• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death

johannes

All earthly creatures have to die. From the moment of birth you start to die, though it might take you 70 years to die.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Seeing as how you posted this comment in the 'debates' section, I am thinking that you wanted to go for the quick win. Because I for one certainly cannot argue against the OP. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly, all earthly creatures have to die, or so it would seem.

Except for maybe 'The Vampire Lestat" . . .

"I am the Vampire Lestat. I'm immortal, more or less. The sustained light of the sun, or the heat from an immense fire, these things might kill me. But, then again, they might not."

I'm not really a vampire fiction fan, but I just love the way Ann Rice began that particular book.

Sorry, if this is off-topic. The OP just recalled that to mind for me.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
All earthly creatures have to die. From the moment of birth you start to die, though it might take you 70 years to die.

Well first off, people can live above 100 years.

But what is the point of this thread? Its just stating an unquestionable fact. Are you implying something about the afterlife? Otherwise, what is the question and what is there to talk about?

sniper762

die physically but not spiritually........i hav e been promised EVERLASTING life and i BELIEVE it.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Every moment of consciousness is death, no moment the same as what came before. But in that same light, it is also birth.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
People die.. yes they do. Whether souls or spirits remain is debatable, but yes we will all physically die. What was the point of this thread?

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Every moment of consciousness is death, no moment the same as what came before. But in that same light, it is also birth.

No moment of consciousness is the same as those that came before, huh? Obviously, you have never seen me and some of my friends when we are stoned. Personally, given the right amount of cannibus setiva, I can literally sit and think about the same thing for hours without end.

Ehhh, but then again, that probably isn't what you're talking about. Sorry.

OneThatGotAway

Servant of Yahweh God Almighty
Most rich people wish that they could live forever and enjoy the pleasures of this life. However they know that their time on this earth will eventually end and that there exist the possibility of suffering for them in the next life; especially if they were evil.

On the other hand some poor people look forward to death in hope that their next life will be fill with a pleasure rich life; and that their good works on earth was not done in vain.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, for maybe 25 years or so, the body gets bigger and stronger and more fertile and better able to cope with disease. And then usually after that, things begin to diminish. I don't know all of the precise biological timelines.

Morality could be seen as a kick in the pants to get moving, since time is limited.

drsatish

Good one, Willamena!

Don't DOZE in BORING Sub-Urban Train COMMUTE
...to BORING Jobs...
....back to same old Boring Wife/Husband/Kids....dozzzzzzzzzz...

But YOUR KID....has GROWN / CHANGED...in that BORING ..DAY!

by 1.26 mm ...........

As a 1- to 3-month-old, your baby will likely continue to grow at a similar rate, while also gaining 1 to 1.5 inches (2.54 to 3.81 centimeters) in length per month
Growth and Your 1- to 3-Month-Old

Your WIFE has AGED...1.26 something...(was it seconds, days, years...
I don't know...it is NOT decent to talk about a woman's age..!
....????
...unless you ..SAY...that she has aged MINUS 1.26 Years..!)

Worst of ALL....
..YOU...have been DEAD...the WHOLE DAY!!!!!

Awake!
Satish