• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deep and Serious Debate Addressing Complex Ideas with Important Implications

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
But it's all not valid unless supported by scripture. Please quote related scripture in future. Only then will your arguments entertain any idea beyond futility.

Biblenuts 69:69 "And thus thouest hath cometh upon the presence of one nameth as one who is as beyond measure in His extraordinary awesomeness and greatness aboveth all the men and women of the internet. Then, a mighty host of angels nameth Him with a chorus of immeasurable beauty and power. And they nameth Him, Trout, beloved and immortal slayer of filth and petty ignorance."

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Biblenuts 69:69 "And thus thouest hath cometh upon the presence of one nameth as one who is as beyond measure in His extraordinary awesomeness and greatness aboveth all the men and women of the internet. Then, a mighty host of angels nameth Him with a chorus of immeasurable beauty and power. And they nameth Him, Trout, beloved and immortal slayer of filth and petty ignorance."

crossfire-albums-emoticons-picture4771-troutslap.gif

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Let's get one thing straight. I came to RF for the beer and the chicks. So I could care less about "verbose" this and "obfuscation" that. I slept my way to the top and then partied with the good looking people in the back VIP room in the Staff Lounge.

Nerds. I swear.

Can somebody please show this...person to the door? This loftily deep and profoundly profound discussion, of the highest caliber and most earnest importance, has no room for the interrupting presence of rabble-rousers and common peasants, who flaunt their low-browity and superstitiosity openly for all civilized people to see and jeer at.

Wherenextcolumbus

That's what your mum said about me last night

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
That's what your mum said about me last night

Being that you are from the UK, your baseness and uncivility is partially excused, as it is to be expected that peoples who hail from your region cannot help but be less civilized and more cloaked in ignorance than the those of us fortunate to have been born in regions of the world not cursed with centuries of inbreeding and lack of dental hygiene. Still, your presense in a thread of this level is probably inappropriate, and it would reflect well upon you and your unfortunate nationality if you were to excuse yourself to a lower-brow thread somewhere else.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Can somebody please show this...person to the door? This loftily deep and profoundly profound discussion, of the highest caliber and most earnest importance, has no room for the interrupting presence of rabble-rousers and common peasants, who flaunt their low-browity and superstitiosity openly for all civilized people to see and jeer at.

Oh, whatever. You were begging me for a turkey sandwich just last week.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I propose that we engage in a serious discussion and debate about sophisticated topics with far-reaching consequences for all of humanity. Furthermore, we should be as verbose, pedantic, and obfuscatory as possible in order to clearly convey our deep knowledge and masterful understanding of these complex and weighty concepts.
PFFFFffffffffffffffffffffttttttt.
Never use one word where a dozen will work. Being clear and concise opens your ideas up to direct challenge. Verbosity and vagueness are the keys to giving yourself as many ways out as possible.
Are you insinuating directly, indirectly, practically, or theoretically that one should not resort to accurate, awe-capturing words or catch-phrases which beautifully sum up complex arguments, such as in the case of academic jargon in the spirit of: 'Your argument suck', 'You suck', or 'Your argument is about as interesting as the cornflakes I had for breakfast this morning?'.
Liberally jump from one idea, or context, to another in order to display your mental dexterity and quickness. Lead your pursuer on a spirited chase through obfuscation until they eventually realize your amazing argumentative powers and give up.
I see what you did there... But look at this nude and busty mango.
Reference great thinkers of the past as often as possible. Be sure to refer to them only by their last name. This casual association with astounding thinkers clearly expresses how thoroughly familiar you are with their thoughts, thereby displaying your mental greatness. Anyone who disagrees with you can be safely mocked, as they have no right to argue with Immortals.
'Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!'

-Frenchman
If you must resort to insults, be sure to accuse your opponent of insulting you first. This will provide you with enough self-righteous indignation to justify your own personal attacks when confronted with an argument you don't feel like countering rationally.
You vile and disgusting anti-Semitic, misogynistic, homophobic, capitalist fascist! How dare you call me irrational!

Wherenextcolumbus

Being that you are from the UK, your baseness and uncivility is partially excused, as it is to be expected that peoples who hail from your region cannot help but be less civilized and more cloaked in ignorance than the those of us fortunate to have been born in regions of the world not cursed with centuries of inbreeding and lack of dental hygiene. Still, your presense in a thread of this level is probably inappropriate, and it would reflect well upon you and your unfortunate nationality if you were to excuse yourself to a lower-brow thread somewhere else.

"Yeah, well you're a poopy-face, doo-doo head."-Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
"Yeah, well you're a poopy-face, doo-doo head."-Kilgore Trout

I applaud your tactic of quoting one of the deepest and most advanced thinkers of the modern era, the great Trout. And although his profound insights provide invaluable enlightenment for us all, I must inform you that you are misusing his sage words in this situation - a grave and unforgivable sin that Trout himself would frown upon with grave judgment.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
PFFFFffffffffffffffffffffttttttt.

I find myself unable to successfully counter your masterful argument, which has been expertly constructed and communicated. This being the case, I will have to resort to a blatant and unabashed personal attack on your character, highlighting your poor fashion choices and atrocious taste in literary works.

Wherenextcolumbus

I applaud your tactic of quoting one of the deepest and most advanced thinkers of the modern era, the great Trout. And although his profound insights provide invaluable enlightenment for us all, I must inform you that you are misusing his sage words in this situation - a grave and unforgivable sin that Trout himself would frown upon with grave judgment.

Here is another quote from the great Trout "I am rubber and you are glue so whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on to you"

pwnage

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I find myself unable to successfully counter your masterful argument, which has been expertly constructed and communicated. This being the case, I will have to resort to a blatant and unabashed personal attack on your character, highlighting your poor fashion choices and atrocious taste in literary works.
Suck my rocket you Scottish freshwater fish fillet.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Here is another quote from the great Trout "I am rubber and you are glue so whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on to you"

pwnage

An oft-cited misquotation of Trout's which is a bastardization of his actual deep and profound quote: "Trout is awesome, and you suck, so go bounce on some rubber and sniff some glue." Please be sure to use the correct quotation in any future references to the wise and mighty Trout.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Suck my rocket you Scottish freshwater fish fillet.

I see you have resorted to the low-brow type of low-browiness which characterizes the low-browity of the low-brow. If you cannot raise you brow level a considerable amount, I'm afraid you will be disqualified from participating in this high-brow thread which consists only of the most high-brow browity of us high-brow types.

Wherenextcolumbus

an oft-cited misquotation of trout's which is a bastardization of his actual deep and profound quote: "trout is awesome, and you suck, so go bounce on some rubber and sniff some glue." please be sure to use the correct quotation in any future references to the wise and mighty trout.

source?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
MichaelFranklinV.3 said:
I feel that all intellectual conversations eventually go down the route of butt jokes.
Of course, since that is where they come from in the first place. Its an enormous cycle of which you and I are only a small part.