• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deep Space 9

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meh...watched it, but just too dullish a soap opera compared to the other Star Trek incarnations.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Yeah DS9 is one of the best sci-fi shows ever. Sometimes my wife and I go on DS9 binges and watch like a dozen episodes.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It always struck me as a costume soap-opera.

There were no aliens in DS9. There were odd-looking people, but they were psychologically indistinguishable from the humans; same emotions, same motivations, same reactions, same intelligence, same behavior, same idiosyncrasies. Social and political issues were not explored.

It was just a dramatic soap opera aboard a space station.

Last edited by a moderator:

HonestJoe

There were no aliens in DS9. There were odd-looking people, but they were psychologically indistinguishable from the humans; same emotions, same motivations, same reactions, same intelligence, same behavior, same idiosyncrasies. Social and political issues were not explored.
How does that make it any different to the other Star Trek series?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It always struck me as a costume soap-opera.
It was just a dramatic soap opera aboard a space station.
I agree.
It lacked the broad scope of the others.
And the aliens all looked like ordinary people with heavy makeup.
Tammy Faye Baker would'a fit right in.
tammy-faye-baker.jpg