• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Legalizes Marijuana Possession

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
"We educated voters about the facts that marijuana is less harmful to the user and society than alcohol," said Mason Tvert, campaign organizer for SAFER, or Safer Alternatives For Enjoyable Recreation. "To prohibit adults from making the rational, safer choice to use marijuana is bad public policy."

: ) It´s a step in the right direction.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
HOLY S**T!!!!! Its about time. I've just made changes to my planed 21st birthday party.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The voters made a sound decision? What a reprehensible out break of political sanity! It threatens to destroy my absolute faith in the utter absurdity of politics. Next thing you know, the Denver voters will legalize gay marriage, and then I'll be completely at a loss. The very foundations of my world view are shaken by this.

AtheistAJ

Denver Legalizes Marijuana Possession
Goodbye productivity. I'm all for using it for medicine but the kind of news I would welcome better would be banning cigarettes. This news is especially weird since Colorado is one of biggest Christian fundamentalist communities.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
AtheistAJ said:
Goodbye productivity. I'm all for using it for medicine but the kind of news I would welcome better would be banning cigarettes. This news is especially weird since Colorado is one of biggest Christian fundamentalist communities.
Denver is pretty liberal. Colorado Springs, Colorado, where I live, is on the other hand a Mecca for fundamentalist Christians. You could never get a legalization of marijuana in this town.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
whoa dude.... like wow. The stars are made of salt man.

Mocking pot-smoking aside, it's good to see some government somewhere put a little liberty into the hands of its' people.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
If this really is true, watch how fast the Justice Dept. comes down on them!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Engyo said:
If this really is true, watch how fast the Justice Dept. comes down on them!
Denver's legalization of marijuana is, I fear, merely symbolic, Engyo. It is superceeded by both Federal and State laws.