• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Me Myself

Back to my username
One question. If jesus was God, How can he be the son of God?

Did you see that episode of futurama where Fry went to the past and had sex with his grandma therefore becoming hisown grandfather?

Well, like that, but replace "time travel" with "being outside of time" and being his own grandfather to being his own father.

And ther eyou have it! :)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Did you see that episode of futurama where Fry went to the past and had sex with his grandma therefore becoming hisown grandfather?

Well, like that, but replace "time travel" with "being outside of time" and being his own grandfather to being his own father.

And ther eyou have it! :)

wow

thats the best explanation of the trinity i've ever seen ...explained perfectly in sci-fi :D

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
y

by the way scholars study the scripture

I think you both are in agreement that the biblical Yeshua did not say he was "God"....

Weather Yeshua existed or if "God" exist does not apply to this thread.

Here are the assumptions for this thread....

Yeshua existed
The gospels serve as a sort of historical account of his sayings.
God exist as well as all of his creations

Basically you put yourself, to a degree, in the mindset of a theist. Debate from this position with a critical analysis of the scriptures.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Alright, so it's settled. Jesus is not recorded in any of the stories as saying he was "God." He has attributed to him a couple of ambiguous statements about "I and the Father are One" and an even more ambiguous chain of "I am" statements in the version known as "John" that some people have a pathological need to insist have only one interpretation. But nowhere is Jesus recorded as saying he is "God."

Case closed. Thread questioned answered. And it only took thousands of posts and millions of words to do it!

Nice work.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
doppelgänger;2655139 said:
Alright, so it's settled. Jesus is not recorded in any of the stories as saying he was "God." He has attributed to him a couple of ambiguous statements about "I and the Father are One" and an even more ambiguous chain of "I am" statements in the version known as "John" that some people have a pathological need to insist have only one interpretation. But nowhere is Jesus recorded as saying he is "God."

Case closed. Thread questioned answered. And it only took thousands of posts and millions of words to do it!

Nice work.

Thanks.......:D

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I will add one postscript to this conversation. If peoples' 'immortal souls' were riding on whether they believed Jesus was the "God" of the Hebrews incarnate in the flesh, and Jesus was a savior of humanity of even an average level of quality and ability, I just think the least he'd do is unequivocally say "Yeah, I'm God, deal with it" (or something to that effect). The worst they could do to him is exactly what they did do in the story.

Mark2020

doppelgänger;2655139 said:
Alright, so it's settled...

Nice work.
lol
You surely ignored a lot of posts here...

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
doppelgänger;2655158 said:
I will add one postscript to this conversation. If peoples' 'immortal souls' were riding on whether they believed Jesus was the "God" of the Hebrews incarnate in the flesh, and Jesus was a savior of humanity of even an average level of quality and ability, I just think the least he'd do is unequivocally say "Yeah, I'm God, deal with it" (or something to that effect). The worst they could do to him is exactly what they did do in the story.

Once again....I agree. We can find no such declaration or a variant in their scripture. Everything present leads to the contrary.

waitasec

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;2655158 said:

the pink elephant in the room

Mark2020

Once again....I agree. We can find no such declaration or a variant in their scripture. Everything present leads to the contrary.

Keep posting this over and over.

If you didn't have to copy any stuff from the web, even things you didn't understand, to try and reply to my arguments, you might have been taken seriously.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Keep posting this over and over.

If you didn't have to copy any stuff from the web, even things you didn't understand, to try and reply to my arguments, you might have been taken seriously.

I've replied to your post. You have nothing. There's no place in the 4 gospels where Yeshua said he was "God".....The question has been asked and answered with a resounding....No....

Mark2020

I've replied to your post. You have nothing. There's no place in the 4 gospels where Yeshua said he was "God".....The question has been asked and answered with a resounding....No....

You call what you gave "replies"?
We've given many arguments here.
What you have is ignore and posting such posts as your previous one. Keep on...