• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Shermana

Heretic
Your post doesn't have an argument in the first place!

Now if you wanted to look at least somewhat honorable and were at least concerned somewhat with people taking your posts remotely seriously, you'd say something a bit more like "I don't think your argument is correct" or "Here's why your argument is incorrect", but saying that I don't have an argument whatsoever is....well, a perfect example of how Trinitarians read things.

Mark2020

Now if you wanted to look at least somewhat honorable and were at least concerned somewhat with people taking your posts remotely seriously, you'd say something a bit more like "I don't think your argument is correct" or "Here's why your argument is incorrect", but saying that I don't have an argument whatsoever is....well, a perfect example of how Trinitarians read things.
lol
Why don't you try to read your post and tell us what exactly is relevant to the subject at hand?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Is declaring that He is Son of God a blasphemy?
Never read the OT?

It would appear it was but the Jews didn't take the declaration of being "son of God" to mean that he was their god in the flesh. It is blasphemous in Jewish and Muslim culture to associate "God" with having a son, consort, any sort of partners, or to make the claim that a person is equal with their god. It's evident that they made all sorts of charges against him that he tries to clear up. Their claims were baseless.

Last edited:

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Dang, I haven't seen a person wrap this much ego up in a single discussion thread . . . ever! And still get nowhere even close to suitably answering the question posed in the OP.

Astounding.

Mark2020

It would appear it was but the Jews didn't take the declaration of being "son of God" to mean that he was their god in the flesh. It is blasphemous in Jewish and Muslim culture to associate "God" with having a son, consort, any sort of partners, or to make the claim that a person is equal with their god. It's evident that they made all sorts of charges against him that he tries to clear up. Their claims were baseless.

(Isaiah 64:8 [NIV]) Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
(Malachi 2:10 [NIV]) Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?

(John 5:17-18 [NIV]) Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

(John 19:6-7 [NIV]) As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, "Crucify! Crucify!" But Pilate answered, "You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him."The Jews insisted, "We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God."

The concept in Islam is different though.

Mark2020

doppelgänger;2656552 said:
Dang, I haven't seen a person wrap this much ego up in a single discussion thread . . . ever! And still get nowhere even close to suitably answering the question posed in the OP.

Astounding.

You still didn't care to discuss any arguments given...

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
(Isaiah 64:8 [NIV]) Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
(Malachi 2:10 [NIV]) Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?

(John 5:17-18 [NIV]) Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

(John 19:6-7 [NIV]) As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, "Crucify! Crucify!" But Pilate answered, "You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him."The Jews insisted, "We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God."

And I don't disagree which is why I said (" It's evident that they made all sorts of charges against him that he tries to clear up. Their claims were baseless.")

The concept in Islam is different though.

If Yeshua or his followers were claiming that he was the physical "son of God" then the concept is no different. If the Jews were claiming that Yeshua was presenting himself as being equal to his god then the concept is no different. If Yeshua claimed to exist in heaven with "God" then the concept is no different. If the claim was that Mary was the mother of the child of "God" then the concept is no different.

Mark2020

And I don't disagree which is why I said (" It's evident that they made all sorts of charges against him that he tries to clear up. Their claims were baseless.")
I am not following.

If Yeshua or his followers were claiming that he was the physical "son of God" then the concept is no different...
It is only the physical meaning there.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Make sure you declare yourself victorious again after this post even though you've never managed to support your argument. Feel the soothing effect it has on your wounded ego. Feel it penetrate into the scars . . .

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I am not following.

You asked.....

"Is declaring that He is Son of God a blasphemy?"

To the ones making this charge against Yeshua they certainly believed it was blasphemous. You then gave scripture citing how "God" is the father. I don't disagree with you. The charge of blasphemy (calling yourself "the son of") is a baseless charge. This is why every time they claimed something against Yeshua he goes on to try and clear up their misconceptions.

It is only the physical meaning there.

How else is Yeshua the ("son of God") if not in the physical sense?

Last edited: