• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Ex 3:13-14
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

That's been explained already a few times in this thread.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/1044078-post899.html

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Originally Posted by Dirty Penguin
To the ones making this charge against Yeshua they certainly believed it was blasphemous.

And this wasn't the only question that you ran away from last time!

Let's try this again.....

"Is declaring that He is Son of God a blasphemy?"

No. Their claim was baseless. There is nothing blasphemous by calling ones self the son of "God". I've said this over and over already.

Mark2020

Let's try this again.....
No. Their claim was baseless. There is nothing blasphemous by calling ones self the son of "God". I've said this over and over already.

And who said this:
It is blasphemous in Jewish and Muslim culture to associate "God" with having a son, consort, any sort of partners, or to make the claim that a person is equal with their god. It's evident that they made all sorts of charges against him that he tries to clear up. Their claims were baseless.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
And who said this:

What didn't you understand....?

"There is nothing blasphemous by calling ones self the son of "God."
This is correct because the bible reveals that others were and did call themselves "son or sons of God".

"It is blasphemous in Jewish and Muslim culture to associate "God" with having a son."

In the physical sense. (begotten)

consort, any sort of partners

This is true. Both cultures are firm that Mary was not a consort nor does "God" have partners.

or to make the claim that a person is equal with their god.

Again true. Both cultures believe none is equal to "God"

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Can you read my question? Do you know what a predicate is? Can you answer the question?

Yes I understand what a predicate is but trying to find out where you're going with this line of questioning considering the various translations I have are consistent with what I listed.