• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

not nom

As I told you before, when you give something smart, you'll deserve a reply.

in other words yes, because you can't refute it.

"not smart" is not refuting it. first you refute it, then you have something to claim it's not smart. because you just refuted it! see how that works?

you got nothing.

Jeremy Mason

Rev 1:8 NIV
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Rev 21:6 NIV
6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
Rev 22:13 NIV
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
I believe Jesus is talking to John.

Mark2020

you didn't deal with that. the way you deal with things, by "it's been dealt with" might just mean "that has already been ignored before by claiming it's been dealt with".
I don't have to explain my replies to you.
Too bad if you don't like them.
Go back, read the context. It was about another verse.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
And what I gave goes perfectly with context.

No it doesn't. Remember, the context starts well before chapter 8. Nothing in the prior chapters, assuming you know where the context begins, has anything to so with why they wanted to kill him and nowhere in the previous chapters did he claim to be "God"...

Mark2020

No it doesn't. Remember, the context starts well before chapter 8. Nothing in the prior chapters, assuming you know where the context begins, has anything to so with why they wanted to kill him and nowhere in the previous chapters did he claim to be "God"...
There is no contradiction. The context perfectly suits my explanation.
But do I get that you abandoned your "I was" argument?
You're even trying to ignore the whole verse and jump to previous chapters!

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
There is no contradiction. The context perfectly suits my explanation.

Because you don't seem to know where the context begins. Here's a hint.. its not in chapter 8.

But do I get that you abandoned your "I was" argument?

I've given multiple evidences from various scholars...at least one of them I'm aware of actually taught Greek.

You're even trying to ignore the whole verse and jump to previous chapters!

"useless"........the context of chapter 8 even why they sought to kill him depends on previous chapters but it appears you're not aware of that.....

Shermana

Heretic
Rev 1:8 NIV
Rev 21:6 NIV
Rev 22:13 NIV
I believe Jesus is talking to John.

Once again, Rev 1:8 is clearly the Father speaking, so is in 21:16, but in 22:13 it's Jesus' Angel speaking a message about the Father. I can refer to the several posts on this, and the blog article on the Speaker Confusion issue.

outhouse

Atheistically
... funny coming from someone who can't even give an argument.

you seem to run and hide from questions you cannot begin to answer :facepalm:

im not alone, heres another person you pull this method with

When you give something smart and ontopic, you'll deserve a reply.

your no one to judge who is, or is not smart.

I don't have to explain my replies to you.

hiding due to lack of knowledge again.

Mark2020

Because you don't seem to know where the context begins. Here's a hint.. its not in chapter 8.
"useless"........the context of chapter 8 even why they sought to kill him depends on previous chapters but it appears you're not aware of that.....

useless
It's obvious that when Jesus said "I am" (I AM God), they sought to stone Him.
Again, ignoring all what I said about the verse and the similarity with Ps 90:2 and trying to change the subject.

I've given multiple evidences from various scholars...at least one of them I'm aware of actually taught Greek.
And I replied and explained why this isn't correct.
Again Ps 90:2 proves them wrong.

Mark2020

Once again, Rev 1:8 is clearly the Father speaking, so is in 21:16, but in 22:13 it's Jesus' Angel speaking a message about the Father. I can refer to the several posts on this, and the blog article on the Speaker Confusion issue.
Once again, that's Jesus ("who is to come").
I've explained it before in Greek, and all what you did was throwing this useless blog that doesn't even address the matter.

Muffled

Jesus in me
in that case you and i can be one...not very likely.

john 17:21
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

That depends on whether you have invited Jesus to live in you while you stand aside and observe. God is one no matter in whom He is living.

This is a prayer because most people prefer to run their own lives.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Didn't Jesus speak with the Father whilst on the cross? ....So surely he was talking to God and therefore Jesus can't be god.

Regards,

Mark.

Yes Jesus did pray to the Father on the cross. Lu 23:34 And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his garments among them, they cast lots.

This is not deductive reasoning and inductively it doesn't work either.

This is my reasoning.

God is intelligent.
God can speak words.
God can listen to words.
Therefore God can listen to Himself speak words.
(Intelligent humans can do that also, it is a sign of intelligence)

Mr 2:8 And straightway Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, saith unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I made the claim that Yeshua tried his best to clear up the misconceptions of those making allegations toward him. I have commented on this throughout this thread.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/1014577-post750.html

One in purpose but not one in the same.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/1044078-post899.html

There may be more post.....

This isn't proof it is an unsupported claim.

Also in that post you make an unsupported claim that the passage is not about Jesus saying He is God simply because Abraham is mentioned several times. That is ingenuous because the passage is not about Abraham even though he is mentioned several times. The passage is about the authority of Jesus being greater than the authority of Abraham.

John 8:12 ¶ Again therefore Jesus spake unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.
13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest witness of thyself; thy witness is not true.

This is the beginning of the discourse. In verse 12 Jesus makes a claim that he has complete knowledge which ais an attribute of God, omniscience. The Pharisees make a counter claim that the testimony of Jesus is not proof. Jesus goes on to say why His claim is authoritative.

Now here is where you duck the issue because the evidence does not support your unsupported claims.

PS: It appears that I did not answer the original post. That can happen because I limit myself to three responses so that I don't incur a warning for overposting. Please excuse my omission; it wasn't intentional. I only intentionally ignore you when you repeat things instead of argue the issues.

Last edited: