• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the Amalekites ever exist?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
In another thread Amalekites were described referring to Biblical references.

I consider this site describing the Amalekites more than a bit touched with the Created history of Exodus and Joshua. I will question whether the Amalekites ever existed outside the accounts in the Pentateuch. I have not found any archeological evidence to document the existence of the Amalekites. As far as the archeological evidence everyone one record defeated the Hebrew tribes including the Moabites, Egyptians, and the Assyrians. followed by the Persians and Romans. My research revealed the only references to Amalekites were from the Bible. The Bible describes the Amalekites asastrong tribe with a militry attcking the Joshua army and the exodus Hebrews that ost be destroyed.

It sounds like they created a mythical enemy they defeated by Joshua and David's armies in reality never existed.

Is there any independent archeological evidence for the existence of the Amalekites?

Last edited:

Elliott

In another thread Amalekites were described referring to Biblical references.

I consider this site describing the Amalekites more than a bit touched with the Created history of Exodus and Joshua. I will question whether the Amalekites ever existed outside the accounts in the Pentateuch. I have not found any archeological evidence to document the existence of the Amalekites. As far as the archeological evidence everyone one record defeated the Hebrew tribes including the Moabites, Egyptians, and the Assyrians. followed by the Persians and Romans. My research revealed the only references to Amalekites were from the Bible. The Bible describes the Amalekites asastrong tribe with a militry attcking the Joshua army and the exodus Hebrews that ost be destroyed.

It sounds like they created a mythical enemy they defeated by Joshua and David's armies in reality never existed.

Is there any independent archeological evidence for the existence of the Amalekites?
It would seem that there is no archeological evidence for the existence of Amalek. However, I'm sure there are many ancient civilizations which we have no evidence for today that they ever existed either. The lack of evidence doesn't mean they never existed. That being said, some form of evidence would go along way to supporting their having existed. Nonetheless, for those that believe in Torah, we will believe regardless of the evidence.