• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

different teachings and gurus in hinduism

selvan

hai im a follower of one of well known guru. i know that Hinduism taught us of " truth is one, way is different". its true as we can see so many Gurus(guider) are there to guide people towards right path. but my confusion is why cant we get bless from some other gurus and clarify some doubts from there at some time. Is it wrong if we get bless from other Gurus and clarify some doubts from them. In my heart we are still the follower of our guru. For instance is it wrong to get bless and hug from Amma the hugging saint when i have other guru. i think it's not. I believe the power and love of Amma hugging and the message she sent to the world. I hope some one could clarify my doubt. thank u

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There is a difference between 'blessings' and teachings. I will touch the feet of any swami, get his or her blessings whenever the occasion might arise. For example, in an airport while travelling, at a temple where I didn't know a swami was going to be there. But a simple blessing is far different than a 'becoming a student/sishya of' . Then it could easily lead to confusion, as the two teachers might have differing ideas on ways to approach life.

I personally know of no swamis who would 'forbid' the simple blessings of another swami in the way I have described above. Its just about respect for the institution of swamihood.