• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disney!

Watchmen

Premium Member
As many of you have probably guessed from my name, I LOVE Disney. I know many think it's a wolf in sheeps clothing, but WHATEVER...I can find the value in such a great company that provides such wonderful entertainment.

My family is making its fifth trip to Disneyland this summer. Just a little over a month to go! We can't wait. My son is practicing standing up straight so he can (maybe) satisfy the height requirements for the Indiana Jones ride. He's been jealous because big sis gets to go on it.

Well, we love all things Disney - whether it's classic Mickey or High School Musical. And it's always a magical time when we can visit the "happiest place on earth!"

:D

A

angellous_evangellous

You need looney toons therapy.

You don't happen to listen to the Dixie Chicks, do you?

trinity2359

My husband of 7 years and I got Married at the Wedding Pavilion in Walt Disney World and we are planning a family trip this December. Keep the Disney coming! And welcome to RF

CastlePicLowlow.jpg
Cakepiclow.jpg

Last edited:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Wowza... If I was ever to get married, I'd do it in Disney land... or Disney world. I don't know the difference.
One is in florida, the other in california, I think.

I went to the one in florida when I was 13 (ish), it was awesome. I still remember the first night we were there, we went out to a restaurant near the hotel and were all freaked out by the size of the food portions you guys have.

Troublemane

I work at DisneyWorld in Orlando. I am an electrician there, and my brother works at Animal Kingdom as a training coordinator. Its a nice place to work, though I rarely want to spend any off hours there, unless friends and family come down. Disney's a good company and one of the few big american companies left that have any real commitment to maintaining a standard of values.:angel2:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I have all their autographs. Been to Disney World and went to Disney Land Paris with my school. Troublemane when do I get to come and stay with you so we can go on ALL the rides?

Watchmen

Premium Member
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this or not, but there's a great site for visiting all things Disney at disboards *dot* com.

I'm a ride junkie and I discovered a software program called "RideMax" that will help you plan your day. You input the date you will go to Disneyland, which rides you want to ride, when you want to take breaks, and whether you want to go at a normal or slow pace. The program then uses formulas based on data collected by the company regarding attraction wait times and then spits out the most efficient order to ride the rides in. It's amazing. Once I used this program the wait times were dramatically reduced.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have all their autographs. Been to Disney World and went to Disney Land Paris with my school. Troublemane when do I get to come and stay with you so we can go on ALL the rides?

Well, if he's able to provide comp tickets easily for you, let me know so I can ring his neck. I'm a little sister and I STILL don't get to enjoy freebies. :p

I take it as yet another session of "tough love." I guess I'm supposed to appreciate the couple times I can ride the Tower of Terror in my lifetime.

J/K ....... if you ever stay with Troublemane, let me know so I can come down and ALL of us can enjoy good ol' fashioned Disney fun. That Tower of Terror ride is still my favorite ride - ever. Nothing has compared to it, not even The Mummy ride at Universal Studios, although it comes in a close second. *thumbs up*

BTW, Disney rocks. :jam:

fire

I know a guy that worked for Disney studios. He created the High School Musical program and gave it to the head of Disney. They fired him, took his idea, never gave him a penny, and Disney lawyers give him the run-around. Plus he has no money to fight them. The proof he has, I have seen, and it is overwhelmingly convincing, that he is right, and telling the truth.
Oh well, I still like to go to Disneyland too.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I know a guy that worked for Disney studios. He created the High School Musical program and gave it to the head of Disney. They fired him, took his idea, never gave him a penny, and Disney lawyers give him the run-around. Plus he has no money to fight them. The proof he has, I have seen, and it is overwhelmingly convincing, that he is right, and telling the truth.

What do you mean "he created the HSM program" ?

He created the story for the original TV movie?

fire

What do you mean "he created the HSM program" ?

He created the story for the original TV movie?

Yes. He created the story and plot, and more. His original name for it was "The USA High School Senior Class Musical" Disney changed it to just "High School Musical" Obviously there were some changes and additions to the whole thing, but clearly it is the derivative of his creation. I have seen his original hand written manuscript with official Disney correspondence from the CEO of Disney.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Yes. He created the story and plot, and more. His original name for it was "The USA High School Senior Class Musical" Disney changed it to just "High School Musical" Obviously there were some changes and additions to the whole thing, but clearly it is the derivative of his creation. I have seen his original hand written manuscript with official Disney correspondence from the CEO of Disney.

Well, it's unlikely such a generic story can be protected. I understand he's your friend, though, and you both see it differently. Sorry it didn't work out for him.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
NOt the first time I have heard such a claim.
And I seriously doubt it will be the last time.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
That's a possible problem when working for any company though, I know people where I work who have designed new experiments or even just new admin forms, and their bosses simply take the designer's name off and replace it with their own, happens all the time.

Quite a famous example is that of Antonio Meucci who invented the telephone, he filed his patent but didn't have the cash to initially pay for it, Alexander Graham Bell who was doing some work for Patent Office at the time took the opportunity to steal the design and patent.

Last edited:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The Disney empire in Orlando is huge and it's a mixed blessing. We have a HUGE service industry to support all of the theme parks which is good, but it keeps salaries depressed. It also means that we are very susceptible to any economic down turns. Traveling and going to theme parks gets tossed under the bus when you have a hard time eating!

I must say I haven't been to Disney World here in Orlando for at least 15 years. The last Disney theme Park for me was the Animal Kingdom about 10 years or so ago. That was kinda cool.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I must say I haven't been to Disney World here in Orlando for at least 15 years. The last Disney theme Park for me was the Animal Kingdom about 10 years or so ago. That was kinda cool.
When I went to Florida, the place we visited that I enjoyed most was called Silver Springs. Nothing to do with Disney though.