• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disturbing Video: Let's Disucss

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
**last word of title should be spelled as Discuss, not Disucss...sorry for the misspelling**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]mBcpKisAsNM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Debate:

Muslims: Is what the person in the video saying true? How is it true? How is it not true? Why or why not? Is what the person saying justifiable?

Non-Muslims [Agnostic & Atheist]: What were your initial reactions after watching the video? What are your viewpoints regarding this matter? Is the person wrong?

Christians and other Non-Muslim Theists: What is your response to the statements made in the video? What were your initial reactions? Is the person wrong?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My first thought is that she's a Poe.
My second is that I hope her version of Islam is rare.
And thirdly, I want to nuke the society which practices what she believes.
(Fortunately, I don't believe in foreign adventurism. Thus there's no risk of #3 when I become dictator.)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3541998 said:
Non-Muslims [Agnostic & Atheist]: What were your initial reactions after watching the video? What are your viewpoints regarding this matter? Is the person wrong?

My first thought was: I am not sure if this is real, or if there is a troll making up the subtitles.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
My first thought was: I am not sure if this is real, or if there is a troll making up the subtitles.

that is what I was thinking, it seems like she was saying a lot more then what was actually coming up on the screen...

Nope. The video is real. She actually said those things. Even many Muslim Arabs, themselves, confirmed what she said and stated their objection to her remarks. Check out the following:

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsDetails/tabid/96/smid/414/ArticleID/170748/reftab/36/Default.aspx

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/06/06/152054.html

This one is from IBTimes:

Woman Politician Says: Men should be allowed sex slaves to protect from temptation - buy female prisoners from War-Torn Countries.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3542776 said:
You mean the part about: "Mufti (Muslim theologians)", right?
That and other parts like it. The explanatory asides.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
That and other parts like it. The explanatory asides.

I was really distressed by this video at first and couldn't believe it. I thought it was an anti-Islamic video created by a troll. But, then I actually looked her up and saw many articles by Muslims that called her out and expressed their objection of her views expressed therein.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3542782 said:
I was really distressed by this video at first and couldn't believe it.
History tends to show that humans do not think of other humans as people unless they identify them as the same religion, nation, tribe, etc. I stopped being distressed by such things years ago. I wish I still were. Slavery is the norm, it seems. Racially-based slavery like that of the African slave trade is unusual, but slavery itself has been a practice of virtually every major society from the Persians to the Aztecs to African tribes during the African slave trade and after (slavery still exists today and never ceased). Female circumcision, the sex slave trade (which includes selling children for sex), genocides, torture, and more are happening every day and never ceasing. I'm glad there are those who are shocked and appalled by things that really should be shocking and appalling.

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
Is this supposed to be surprising? Muhammad's laws (assuming the ahadith are reliable) were just as, if not more, barbaric as that woman's suggestions and Muslims still listen to nasheeds praising Muhammad like Qasida Burda. Please do tell me how any of her statements are any more disturbing than, say, ordering an individual's hand to be chopped for stealing a shield worth ashratu daraahima (10 dirhams), as Muhammad did? In addition, I don't think "Rasulullah" would disapprove of the statements she said, as Safiyyaa, a Yehudi lady whose parents and brother were murdered by Muhammad and his gang of horny desert-pirates (i.e. the Sahaabas), was initially one of the maa malakat aimaanuhum (kind of like a sex slave) and would later become one of the Ummahaat al-mumineen upon marrying Muhammad. Honestly, the Makkans should have just murdered the pedo-nabi sc**bag before the Battle of Badr. They were stupid to let him openly preach his hatred for 10 years, and even then only exiled him after his followers started killing their parents, engaging in anarchy, and what not. Although part of the blame lies on the Aksum king Ashama and the Medinan Jews, the eventual blame should be placed on the pagan Makkans. They had the chance to prevent the Islam from spreading, but they missed it. Now (in 2013 AD) there are over 1.7 billion Muslims, 3% of which (approx. 51,000,000 people) are radical salafi c**** who want to destroy the West and convert the entire world to Islam.

Last edited: