• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divorce after 77 years | What would you do?

Trey of Diamonds

This couple is divorcing after 77 years of marriage for an affair that happened during the 1940s. What would you do if you were them?

99-year-old divorces wife after he discovered 1940s affair - Telegraph

The Italian man, identified by lawyers in the case only as Antonio C, was rifling through an old chest of drawers when he made the discovery a few days before Christmas.

Notwithstanding the time that had elapsed since the betrayal, he was so upset that he immediately confronted his wife of 77 years, named as Rosa C, and demanded a divorce.

Guilt-stricken, she reportedly confessed everything but was unable to persuade her husband to reconsider his decision.

blackout

Violet.
A 1940's affair?
It would seem he's(currently) more in love with his idea of a perfect marriage
than he is with his wife.

But then, he's older, and I guess in some ways
mostly what he has left are memories. so.

The 1940's were a damn long time ago.

I guess he had the final say in the matter.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It sounds like something my parents would have done. They were married 53 years. When my father was 21 he fathered a child by a girl he knew. He didn't meet and marry my mother until 7 years later. My mother found out about the child (a girl), and never forgave my father, though they didn't even know each other when he fathered the girl. :rolleyes: Btw, we are Italian. Just sayin'. :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, it's a "you-gotta-feel-it-you-can't-intellectualize-it" kind of thing. :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
It's the Italian machismo thing
marcello-mastroianni-1.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'd follow the morals of my god and roast her in eternal hell for her sins in the 1940s.

Tesia

Don't lie to me .
Divorce for for an affair that happened during the 1940s ? I will not do like that I belive . Live apart for some time is a good choice, but 77 years have pasted, I think divorce is not the only way to solve the problem .

Me Myself

Back to my username
It is imposible for me to say what I would have done. (we are implying more than a few decades od added experience in me. I man I don´t even spend that much time with myself! how would I know how would I feel that much time with a wife?!)

I only have one statement for humanity in general:

Don´t fracking cheat.

:(

Alceste

Vagabond
Divorce for for an affair that happened during the 1940s ? I will not do like that I belive . Live apart for some time is a good choice, but 77 years have pasted, I think divorce is not the only way to solve the problem .

Maybe it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. :D