• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DMT and its effects on the human mind

IAMDONE

The book DMT:The Spirit Molecule is a book that is backed by very much research.
The experiences people have on DMT parallel to those of NDE's and Alien encounters... This isn't to say that there aren't real NDE's or Alien encounters or that the DMT experiences aren't actually Near Death Experiences or Alien encounters...Spirit Molecule..It must have this name for a reason...right?
The only difference is that DMT has proof and the magicality of NDE's and Alien encounters have no base for proof.
It has also been proven that some spiritual experiences are caused by nearby electronics...
Also that God can be created in the mind through a machine that stimulates certain areas of the brain.
:areyoucra
Don't listen to anyone, ever.
Look yourself!

IAMDONE

Thank you, that was very nice but I don't entirely agree with Terrance I don't like drugs.LOL
I do believe that drugs dissolve boundaries in the psych and likely time and space.
But good good you're saying that DMT could actually open up other realms of reality.
DMT differs from other Psychedelics in that there are less bad trips and more great spiritual experiences.

dust1n

Zindīq
Thank you, that was very nice but I don't entirely agree with Terrance I don't like drugs.LOL
I do believe that drugs dissolve boundaries in the psych and likely time and space.
But good good you're saying that DMT could actually open up other realms of reality.
DMT differs from other Psychedelics in that there are less bad trips and more great spiritual experiences.

Every psychedelic is different from every other psychedelic. That doesn't mean any of them carry any special power. BTW, I have friends who have flipped their **** on DMT.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Maybe it does. I wouldn't know. But it sure sounds a bit too good to be true. Are you sure there isn't some sort of abstinence shock, at least?

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Maybe it does. I wouldn't know. But it sure sounds a bit too good to be true. Are you sure there isn't some sort of abstinence shock, at least?

No abstinence shock because the average person who would try DMT is not likely to do it lightly, or often. Things like DMT and Salvia Divinorum are not good for "partying down". They are very definitely shamanic tools. That seems to be one of the problems with the perception of these substances. Most people have a hard time seperating the idea of how a substance such as alcohol is used from how an entheogen is used. Very different approaches/reasons for doing it/effects.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
With all due respect, the average person not being likely to abuse is not nearly enough warranty to me. Exceptions can be very significant indeed, and typical behaviors may change very easily indeed.

no-body

With all due respect, the average person not being likely to abuse is not nearly enough warranty to me. Exceptions can be very significant indeed, and typical behaviors may change very easily indeed.

Anyone dumb enough to "abuse" DMT to the point of addiction would have their brains fried pretty quickly.

IAMDONE

Yes there is but it dissapates quickly.
We dream every night releasing large amounts of DMT and we awake feeling wonderful because of it.
This is what the subjects experienced.
But because they were dreaming while awake it had different affects on their psyche.
For instance if they opened their eyes after having the drug administered they would see the DMT realm overlapped onto reality, 2 different worlds both distinct from each other but sitting on each other.
Nobody knows why we dream and I think that when we find out why that will only be the very very beginning.
The subjects interacted with several different beings that gave them what they needed and most returned to reality with feelings of security and peace. Some had great spiritual insights. Very few people experienced the negative effects commonly associated with psychadelics.
It makes sense, we are constantly using the drug and should therefore be used to it by now.
The negative effects were experienced most commonly by people with psychological issues.

Rene Descartes believed The Pineal Gland to be the "Seat of the Soul"
The pineal gland is formed with in 49 days which is the same time period that Tibetan Buddhism believes it take for the soul to enter into a new reincarnted body. Many things known to Buddhism (A 2500 year old philosophy) are just now being found as scientific fact...

DMT: The Spirit Molecule | Free Educational & How-To Videos - Watch Educational & How-To Videos Online | Veoh

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again

I'm not aware of too many hallucinogens one can abuse before the mind builds a tolerance against it one way or another. Mescaline, shrooms, acid, DMT, and even research chemicals like 2c-i are safe unless taken at 1,000 times a normal dosage. Caffeine is about as potent.

Yeah, idiot kids will be idiots, but I'm not aware of anyone who is addicted as it's too much of a mind-screw (to put it politely). I know people who love to "trip their balls off" but even then it's limited to a weekly occurrence with heavy down periods. In short, these drugs make the user respect them. Someone using a hallucinogen as if it's a party drug will quickly learn otherwise.

Now drugs like ecstasy can be abused. Lovely, fascinating drug that really does epitomize "ecstasy," but it needs to be respected 'cause the drug does not have the same effect.

(I'm not even mentioning the hard stuff like meth, heroine, etc.)

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

I'm not aware of too many hallucinogens one can abuse before the mind builds a tolerance against it one way or another. Mescaline, shrooms, acid, DMT, and even research chemicals like 2c-i are safe unless taken at 1,000 times a normal dosage. Caffeine is about as potent.

Yeah, idiot kids will be idiots, but I'm not aware of anyone who is addicted as it's too much of a mind-screw (to put it politely). I know people who love to "trip their balls off" but even then it's limited to a weekly occurrence with heavy down periods. In short, these drugs make the user respect them. Someone using a hallucinogen as if it's a party drug will quickly learn otherwise.

Now drugs like ecstasy can be abused. Lovely, fascinating drug that really does epitomize "ecstasy," but it needs to be respected 'cause the drug does not have the same effect.

(I'm not even mentioning the hard stuff like meth, heroine, etc.)
I will. They are all crap... although there has been some research done on heroin and immortality. I don't want either. :D

Don't know nuffink about no DMT, but thanks to Zardoz, I did go on a Shpongle-binge last time on this thread. ;)

Last edited: