• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DNA: Code written by our creator?

Now have you ever wondered why DNA is like a code written to make a computer program? Do you think it was a mere coincidence why DNA and a computer code is almost the same? Share your thoughts.

For me, It is one of the puzzling part of every organisms.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Now have you ever wondered why DNA is like a code written to make a computer program? Do you think it was a mere coincidence why DNA and a computer code is almost the same? Share your thoughts.

it has to do with the nature of information. Ohh and the math.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome skywrath32 to the forum!

I understand DNA to be what is described in the Genesis account as that which is "according to kind". So yes, I believe DNA is what is written by God.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Welcome skywrath32 to the forum!

I understand DNA to be what is described in the Genesis account as that which is "according to kind". So yes, I believe DNA is what is written by God.

How did you come to that conclusion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How did you come to that conclusion.

I believe life evolved. I believe the Genesis account. No one but my Lord is able to say where life came from. All life contains DNA (or RNA). What is life? Isn't it true that there does not exist life forms that contain two different kinds of DNA? You might say 'cancer' but cancer is not life, it is death.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Well, since how computers work informs how everything else in the universe works, it's not that surprising, no. :p

The genome is nothing like a computer programing "code".
It is quite similar.

waitasec

Veteran Member
the word "code" is there to help us figure DNA out.
to some this would imply an encoder...i see no purpose in this code other than to
form what we know of as life...and there are plenty of deformities in this life as well....is there a purpose for that?

Leonardo

No DNA is not like a computer program running single or multiple threads. Scientist and journalists use the analogy because DNA is a code based on chemical synthesis where processing produces the rendering of the output in the form of physical structures.

Computers execute instructions that perform information processing from a virtual perspective. The linkage or whole of a computer program's intent is purely a meta-physical artifact. Also the processing, memory and output functions of DNA assemblies can take advantage of random events regressionally and can selectively be rewarded allowing for evolution.

Computers can not take advantage of random processing on their own without a program that intentionally allows information or instructions to be modified and tests those modifications before allowing them to be implemented.

DNA is a product of chemical synthesis that can store and selectively reward configurations, a benefit from the quantum processes of atoms . For computers to do the same a program would have to come about randomly that could perform a similar capability and protect itself from being destroyed, not something digital computers do well.