• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Hindu's really Hate Muslims

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
no...

its usually the hindu extremists and muslim extremists that attack each other. they both dislike each other at the same rate. acts of violence and riots are against teachings of both religions therefore making these acts of violence compeltely by the people.

and ordinary citizens of india are just normal people, doing thier business. its only when fundamentalists, both hindu and muslim try to pick something and use it against each other.

im hindu and my best friend is a muslim.

anders

It's all about politics and power, not about religion. As I think I have told in another thread, when I walked from my Hindi class (in a Christian church) to the town centre in the Himalayas, I went past at least three more Christian churches, one Sikh gurdwara, two Muslim mosques, two Hindu places of worship and two Buddhist settlements, and during the month I lived there I never noticed any animosity between different believers or other religious problems.

The school was frequented by many Christians from several nations, wanting to become missionaries in India, but there were at least two Muslim teachers and one Brahmin. I confess to no standard faith, two in our Swedish group belonged to a peculiar Swedish Christian sect, but there were no problems in school either.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
good movie to watch: Bombay. its a tamil movie about a hindu guy who falls in love with a muslim girl and they run away to bombay, conveniently in 1992 when the ayodhya problem started and riots break out all over the country and their new family is seperated.

its touching.