• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do people have faith in a supreme being because they don't have faith in themselves?

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
This is precisley my line of thinking. The convienence of walking a pre-difined lined that will glorify you in death, is too similair to our own natural desires. We fear death, and we fear the thought of no after life even more.

So it has to be easier thinking at the end of this life, another life will begin. One that you never age, never get hurt, and you're surrounded by all your friends and family. Than it would be to think you're nothing after death, or that in the grand scheme of things you're not THAT important.

I have faith in myself, and know I have complete control over my life. Some people can't fathom that much responsibility.....

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Is this a true question or is it just another thread for non-theists to complain about theists?;)

But, to answer the OP, the answer is NO. Most of the theists I have known, both Abraham and non-Abraham religions, seem to have plenty of faith in themselves. Of course, like anything else, there may be some who do (EDIT- I mean who do have faith because they have no faith in themselves)- but they are in the minority of faiths.
:)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Yahn...... So just when many of the religious folks start showing some tolerance, we get attacked by an angry mob with pitchforks?

All I know is I am inclined to be more tolerant when people appeal to my sense of fairness.

If I come under attack, I'm sorry but I believe I will be the victor.

If religious folks continue to be attacked either physically or verbally, it will just push your agenda back 10 years.

Why can't we all just peacefully coexist with one another?

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Yahn...... So just when many of the religious folks start showing some tolerance, we get attacked by an angry mob with pitchforks?

All I know is I am inclined to be more tolerant when people appeal to my sense of fairness.

If religious folks continue to be attacked either physically or verbally, it will just push your agenda back 10 years.

Questioning a fairytale about a non existent man and an existence of a "god" is not attacking you, it's simply human rights so simmer down....

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Don't get me started newbe

Oh please by all means do start, your hollow threats are water off my back....

and no asking someone to explain their beliefs with facts is not attacking, I don't care what you believe. Live and let live, if you're not harming me or my friends and family then by all means do it, just don't push it on me....

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Do people have faith in a supreme being because they don't have faith in themselves?

Do Atheists have their head in the sand, or does something need to be right in their face for them to acknowledge it?

Both statements in my opinion are inflammatory and incorrect. Are we trying to have a dialog or poke sticks at each other?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Is this a true question or is it just another thread for non-theists to complain about theists?;)

But, to answer the OP, the answer is NO. Most of the theists I have known, both Abraham and non-Abraham religions, seem to have plenty of faith in themselves. Of course, like anything else, there may be some who do (EDIT- I mean who do have faith because they have no faith in themselves)- but they are in the minority of faiths.
:)

well the reason i ask is because the bible, in your case, never endorses anyone to have faith in themselves...in fact it is the complete opposite.

waitasec

Veteran Member

i'm sorry, was i attacking you?

waitasec

Veteran Member

Do Atheists have their head in the sand, or does something need to be right in their face for them to acknowledge it?

Both statements in my opinion are inflammatory and incorrect. Are we trying to have a dialog or poke sticks at each other?

i, myself, wouldn't say i have my head in the sand, because that is a posture of fear and lack of confidence... :p
i would say i am looking around and acknowledging what i see before me...

you seem to be very hostile to this question... which would imply you are not very confident...if you were then why even respond when it doesn't apply?
hmmmm?

isn't it a fair question to ask?

the reason i ask, is because never in the bible do i see god saying, i believe in you, i hope in you, i have confidence in you