• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do these bible verses imply we some times leave our bodies and go to heaven?I think they do.:)

Frank Goad

I found the following bible verses here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Job 1:1-12​

King James Version​

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.​

2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.​

3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.​

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.​

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.​

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.​

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.​

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?​

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?​

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.​

11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.​

12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.​

And

Ephesians 2:6​

King James Version​

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Read full chapter
Ephesians 2:6 in all English translations

And

Zechariah 3​

King James Version​

3 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord stood by.
6 And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,
7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.
Read full chapter

And

2 Corinthians 12​

King James Version​

12 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

And

1 Corinthians 5

King James Version

5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems clear to me that heaven is something very dear to you. Do not put your feelings out on the floor to be stepped upon. Whatever I may feel about heaven, I don't want to step on you.

I completely disagree with your points, but keep in mind that I know its possible to be completely wrong and to still think I am correct. Genius is not guarantee of correctness. An engineer once destroyed a space shuttle. Isaac Newton inventor of Calculus, Optics and fantastic scholar of multiple languages claimed that Jesus would return several years ago, and Jesus didn't. No one could ever match Newton for logic and understanding of gears, clocks, times and words; yet he made a bogus prediction. Perhaps all of this has to do with Isaiah 42:8 "I the LORD: that my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images...." Even Newton who was given so much mental power was not allowed to rival God's own glory. Neither do I expect that God will allow me to be glorified.

Jesus prayed that his disciples would be glorified, together. Not separately. I may not know where you went wrong thinking that heaven was some place to go after death, and you may not know where I have gone wrong thinking that it isn't. What I do know is that we cannot achieve glory in debate. We must find a way to be better. If we are to follow Christ and to be disciples then we must follow the plan: "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" (I Corinthians 1:27). That is our lot. It is not our lot to be great debaters and to win souls through arguments.

But I also honor you by answering you...so here goes...

Job is a poem. That's all I need to know. People who write poems are not writing straight information.