• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we accept that Jesus will come like a thief? (1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev. 16:15)

Kelvin.Max

caelitus mihi vires
Isaiah 46:11 -
calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it.

Matthew 24:27 - For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 46:11 and Matthew 24:27 are prophesies of the coming age of the messiah, which were written in the OT and NT, respectively.

Such verses tell Christians to be ready for Jesus' long awaited return.

Thus, it's clear that Jesus will be born in a far away country in the East; which can be anywhere east of the Aegean: Turkey, Arabian peninsula, Persia, India or the Far East etc.

God has specifically foreordained that Jesus would first appear in a far away country to the East, but will make his political debut to the Christian world in the west.

God has determined that Jesus should have a complex religious and ethnic identity, which will embody elements of both the East and Western civilization; because such a complex (pluralistic) identity will be key and central to the New Covenant, and key to the new message and ideology that Jesus will bring in this age of the apocalypse.

Thus, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby is known to have said that Prince George -- who is third in line to the Throne -- will be "free to convert to Buddhism as an adult, but his spiritual journey must begin with Jesus".

Therefore, such a blending of East and West is meant to provide us with a new perspective, and new understanding of who Jesus is: “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)

Thus, we know that Jesus is the greatest man to ever walk the face of the earth:

View attachment 6700 320px-David_von_Michelangelo.jpg Alex 2.jpg Alex 4.jpg Mommsen_p265.jpg louve-romaine.jpg Caesar dinarius.jpg Julius_Caesar_Coustou_Louvre_MR1798.jpg Napoleon figurehead.jpg View attachment 6699

Also, the Holy Eucharist must be reinterpreted in a practical sense for this age of the apocalypse; for the flesh and blood of Christ is meant to denote God's plan to create an earthly dynasty based on the hegemony of Christ as its head.

Despite his birth in a far away country to the East, Jesus' purpose will be to assimilate with Christian communities in the west, vice versa.

This is the only way for Christians to receive the grace and redemption of Jesus, and to inherit God's kingdom in this age of the apocalypse:

Archbishop Justin Welby Says Prince George Free to Become Buddhist, but Stresses Relationship with Christ

Prince George is 'perfectly entitled' to become a Buddhist, says Archbishop Justin Welby

George can be Buddhist if he wants, says Archbishop in remarkable statement after Prince's christening

But do you agree with this interpretation of the scriptures?

Attachments

• Wreath 1.jpg
    Wreath 1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Not at all.

Where in the scriptures does the 2nd coming say Jesus will be born human again?

Kelvin.Max

caelitus mihi vires
Why turn the thread around? If you want an answer to this question, there is a JW DIR forum.

But this is not the point.

What is more pertinent is to ask why I need to explain this thread to somebody like you.

Since I take it you're a JW?

But JW are a minority religious sect, which is not respected by Christianity in the mainstream.

So why do I need to explain this thread to a useless minority such as your people?

What could you possibly offer Jesus in this age of the apocalypse?

Last edited:

Faybull

Isaiah 46:11 -
calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it.

Matthew 24:27 - For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 46:11 and Matthew 24:27 are prophesies of the coming age of the messiah, which were written in the OT and NT, respectively.

Such verses tell Christians to be ready for Jesus' long awaited return.

Thus, it's clear that Jesus will be born in a far away country in the East; which can be anywhere east of the Aegean: Turkey, Arabian peninsula, Persia, India or the Far East etc.

God has specifically foreordained that Jesus would first appear in a far away country to the East, but will make his political debut to the Christian world in the west.

God has determined that Jesus should have a complex religious and ethnic identity, which will embody elements of both the East and Western civilization; because such a complex (pluralistic) identity will be key and central to the New Covenant, and key to the new message and ideology that Jesus will bring in this age of the apocalypse.

Thus, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby is known to have said that Prince George -- who is third in line to the Throne -- will be "free to convert to Buddhism as an adult, but his spiritual journey must begin with Jesus".

Therefore, such a blending of East and West is meant to provide us with a new perspective, and new understanding of who Jesus is: “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)

Thus, we know that Jesus is the greatest man to ever walk the face of the earth:

View attachment 6700 View attachment 6691 View attachment 6692 View attachment 6693 View attachment 6694 View attachment 6695 View attachment 6696 View attachment 6697 View attachment 6698 View attachment 6699

Also, the Holy Eucharist must be reinterpreted in a practical sense for this age of the apocalypse; for the flesh and blood of Christ is meant to denote God's plan to create an earthly dynasty based on the hegemony of Christ as its head.

Despite his birth in a far away country to the East, Jesus' purpose will be to assimilate with Christian communities in the west, vice versa.

This is the only way for Christians to receive the grace and redemption of Jesus, and inherit God's kingdom in this age of the apocalypse:

Archbishop Justin Welby Says Prince George Free to Become Buddhist, but Stresses Relationship with Christ

Prince George is 'perfectly entitled' to become a Buddhist, says Archbishop Justin Welby

George can be Buddhist if he wants, says Archbishop in remarkable statement after Prince's christening

I would have to say:

In the reality of it all, there is no East, there is no West. West of the Aegean, comes along when traveling to the farthest Eastern regions of it.

Cheers.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But this is not the point.

What is more pertinent is to ask why I need to explain this thread to somebody like you.

Since I take it you're a JW?

But JW are a minority religious sect, which is not respected by Christianity in the mainstream.

So why do I need to explain this thread to a useless minority such as your people?

What could you possibly offer Jesus in this age of the apocalypse?

lol,

that sounds very similar to the sort of attitude shown toward Jesus and his followers by the Jewish religious leaders.

Did the fact that Jesus was a minority mean that he was not worth talking to?

But i respect your right to refuse to talk to whomever you wish.

Carry on. :(

Kelvin.Max

caelitus mihi vires
lol,

that sounds very similar to the sort of attitude shown toward Jesus and his followers by the Jewish religious leaders.

Did the fact that Jesus was a minority mean that he was not worth talking to?

But i respect your right to refuse to talk to whomever you wish.

Carry on. :(

But you are NOT Jesus.

JW are NOT the same as Jesus and his followers of the 1st century AD.

To compare JW with Jesus and his disciples is a fallacy of reasoning, which doesn't prove your point.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But you are NOT Jesus.

JW are NOT the same as Jesus and his followers of the 1st century AD.

To compare JW with Jesus and his disciples is a fallacy of reasoning, which doesn't prove your point.

I thought you said you didnt want to talk to me? :p

InChrist

Free4ever

It appears to me that you are reading a lot of extra-biblical ideas into the the scriptures you posted above. I don't agree with the interpretation.

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.“Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Matthew 24:23-27

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

If you imagined the world being basically a flat disc, then when you saw a big bolt of lightening going across the sky, you might think that it just went from one end of the world to the other at an incredible speed. So the idea that it is trying to be drawn from this analogy is speed, where something happens a lot more quickly than people would have imagined, where people would have thought that they had more time than they thought, to do things like either prepare, or decide to leave.
This is what happened, as predicted by Jesus, that the decision was made by an armed group determined to resist Rome, to close the gates of Jerusalem against them. What a lot of the people in the city did not realize was that the Romans had set up a system of rabid response groups spread about the Empire that could be called up and deployed virtually immediately, in any instance of serious rebellion.
So this is what happened, that there were seven of these units that quickly converged on Jerusalem and were able to put a cordon around it before a lot of people escaped, not expecting there window of opportunity being closed so soon, thus there was terrible loss of life by the time the whole siege was done.

Adstar

Not at all.

Where in the scriptures does the 2nd coming say Jesus will be born human again?
Nowhere. Because He will not be born again. He will return in the same manner He left.

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus left in His Body and was raised up physically. He will return again in the same adult body.. The belief that Jesus will be born again into this world is a set up for deception and the acceptance of a false messiah.

Be not deceived.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Nowhere. Because He will not be born again. He will return in the same manner He left.

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus left in His Body and was raised up physically. He will return again in the same adult body.. The belief that Jesus will be born again into this world is a set up for deception and the acceptance of a false messiah.

Be not deceived.

1 Pet. 3:18: “Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit [“by the Spirit,” KJ; “in the spirit,” RS,NE,Dy,JB].”

what do you think being made alive 'in the spirit' means?

Kelvin.Max

caelitus mihi vires
What does Prince George have to do with Jesus' return?

Judging by the Archbishop's comment it seems the Church has determined that George should partake in the New Covenant of Christ; which means to look at Christianity from a different vantage point.

Justin Welby's comment about "converting to Buddhism" doesn't mean that Prince George would abandon Christianity; but it simply means he would view Christianity from a different perspective.

One's perspective on Christianity will always be coloured by the absence/presence of some other belief system in the background. There are many people who've "converted" to Christianity from other religions; but their take on Christianity would be likely different to other Christians who've "started their journey with Jesus".

The New Covenant refers to the new message of Christ in this age of the apocalypse. The new message is meant to augment our existing "knowledge" about God, Jesus and the Bible.

What this verse is saying is that the way he was taken up, by a cloud, is the same way that he will be conveyed, not just to the sky where he is far enough away as to not be seen by eye, but all the way to heaven where God is.
What all the normal Bible translations do is leave part of the verse out to change the original meaning. The Greek word normally translated as "return" in this verse actually means to go, either as in go away, or to go towards you, or "to come".
I have had people who were fairly knowledgeable in Greek argue with me over this, on different forums, but they could not actually disprove my thesis, or account for the part of the original Greek text that is left out of the translation.

Adstar

1 Pet. 3:18: “Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit [“by the Spirit,” KJ; “in the spirit,” RS,NE,Dy,JB].”

what do you think being made alive 'in the spirit' means?

Are you denying the bodily resurrection of Jesus?

1 Peter 3: KJV
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

What do you think Quickened in the Spirit means?

Kelvin.Max

caelitus mihi vires
What does Prince George have to do with Jesus' return?

Regarding Birdlip dorms last night and the 007 Traveler's hostel in Bristol in August 2014, how do you presume that I would ever accept your invitation to come to America, when I don't like your country at all?

And why would I want to have a US Green Card/Passport given that I loathe everything about your country?

So how can you "sell" something such as Green Card, which I don't want to have; which is completely worthless sh*t in the eyes of God Almighty?

But you know what will happen on the day of judgement don't you? (Revelation 20:15, 21:8)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Regarding Birdlip dorms last night and the 007 Traveler's hostel in Bristol in August 2014, how do you presume that I would ever accept your invitation to come to America, when I don't like your country at all?

And why would I want to have a US Green Card/Passport given that I loathe everything about your country?

So how can you "sell" something such as Green Card, which I don't want to have; which is completely worthless sh*t in the eyes of God Almighty?

But you know what will happen on the day of judgement don't you? (Revelation 20:15, 21:8)
Um. Have you already salted that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I figured out what Prince George has to do with anything. (Thanks for nothing). Religious authority giving the little prince permission to seek more ways than traditional Christianity is a TREND. And trends run the show on this planet.